Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill opening 2nd location downtown
Miami River seafood staple expanding to the DoubleTree
With over 20 years in the fish biz, Miami River staple Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill (and Fish Market) is making its way downtown and opening a second location, Casablanca on the Bay, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. Slated to open early November, the new space overlooks the Sea Isle Marina and will stay true its sea-to-table concept, says a rep. Chef Joaquin Perea, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, who has previously spent time in the kitchens of the Fontainebleau, Versace and Doral Spa Resort, will serve up a menu reminiscent of the original location with the addition of several small plates, an extensive wine list as well as that requisite 'mixologist' to create "unique cocktails" to complement the menu.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar