Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill opening 2nd location downtown
Miami River seafood staple expanding to the DoubleTree
With over 20 years in the fish biz, Miami River staple Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill (and Fish Market) is making its way downtown and opening a second location, Casablanca on the Bay, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. Slated to open early November, the new space overlooks the Sea Isle Marina and will stay true its sea-to-table concept, says a rep. Chef Joaquin Perea, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, who has previously spent time in the kitchens of the Fontainebleau, Versace and Doral Spa Resort, will serve up a menu reminiscent of the original location with the addition of several small plates, an extensive wine list as well as that requisite 'mixologist' to create "unique cocktails" to complement the menu.
1717 N. Bayshore Dr.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab