Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill opening 2nd location downtown
Miami River seafood staple expanding to the DoubleTree
With over 20 years in the fish biz, Miami River staple Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill (and Fish Market) is making its way downtown and opening a second location, Casablanca on the Bay, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. Slated to open early November, the new space overlooks the Sea Isle Marina and will stay true its sea-to-table concept, says a rep. Chef Joaquin Perea, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, who has previously spent time in the kitchens of the Fontainebleau, Versace and Doral Spa Resort, will serve up a menu reminiscent of the original location with the addition of several small plates, an extensive wine list as well as that requisite 'mixologist' to create "unique cocktails" to complement the menu.
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- ROK: BGR hosts Fall Beer Festival this Wednesday