Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill opening 2nd location downtown
Miami River seafood staple expanding to the DoubleTree
With over 20 years in the fish biz, Miami River staple Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill (and Fish Market) is making its way downtown and opening a second location, Casablanca on the Bay, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. Slated to open early November, the new space overlooks the Sea Isle Marina and will stay true its sea-to-table concept, says a rep. Chef Joaquin Perea, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, who has previously spent time in the kitchens of the Fontainebleau, Versace and Doral Spa Resort, will serve up a menu reminiscent of the original location with the addition of several small plates, an extensive wine list as well as that requisite 'mixologist' to create "unique cocktails" to complement the menu.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach