Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill opening 2nd location downtown
Miami River seafood staple expanding to the DoubleTree
With over 20 years in the fish biz, Miami River staple Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill (and Fish Market) is making its way downtown and opening a second location, Casablanca on the Bay, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay. Slated to open early November, the new space overlooks the Sea Isle Marina and will stay true its sea-to-table concept, says a rep. Chef Joaquin Perea, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, who has previously spent time in the kitchens of the Fontainebleau, Versace and Doral Spa Resort, will serve up a menu reminiscent of the original location with the addition of several small plates, an extensive wine list as well as that requisite 'mixologist' to create "unique cocktails" to complement the menu.
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in