Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
The annual street fair returns with live music, art, international eats and family fun.
Carnaval on the Mile
10 a.m.-midnight Saturday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
Miracle Mile between LeJeune and 37th Avenue, Coral Gables
Enjoy two days of fine art, jazz, funk, rock and Afro-Cuban beats, food and plenty of kids’ activities at this festival on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables that demonstrates how Miami parties together. Musical acts include Red Baraat, Pedrito Martinez, Asaf Avidan and local hip-hop classical duo Black Violin (pictured). Party on the Mile for free from 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday. Information at www.carnavalmiami.com.
See and Do
- Opposites attract in New Theatre’s ‘Gospel According to Jerry’
- Monks from the Drepung Loseling Monastery bring sacred song, dance to Broward
- 'Book of Mormon' to hold $25 ticket lottery at Arsht
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 21-23
- Top events for the Miami Book Fair International
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women