Carnaval on the Mile is back in Coral Gables with two days of music
Carnaval on the Mile offers a two-day festival of art, food and music.
Carnaval on the Mile, Calle Ocho’s classy cousin, takes over Miracle Mile in Coral Gables with three different stages and a full roster of free performances on Saturday and Sunday.
Local heroes like Elecric Piquete and Suenalo and Locos por Juana will perform on the stage at Ponce de Leon with jazz guru and Carnaval King Ed Calle (pictured) bringing his full orchestra for a tribute to Gato Barbieri on Sunday at 8 p.m.
Highlights from the LeJeune stage roster include Palo! and the Pedrito Martinez Group on Saturday and headliners Conjunto Progreso on Sunday. The Douglas Road stage will keep things going with Latin fusion rockers Bachaco and Problem Kids 305 on Saturday and a Latin funk explosion on Sunday with Suenalo. More info and complete lineup at www.carnavalmiami.com.
See and Do
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season
- PARK(ing) Day Miami 2015 returns this Friday with mini parks popping up all over Miami
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami Sept. 18-20