Carnaval on the Mile is back in Coral Gables with two days of music
Carnaval on the Mile offers a two-day festival of art, food and music.
Carnaval on the Mile, Calle Ocho’s classy cousin, takes over Miracle Mile in Coral Gables with three different stages and a full roster of free performances on Saturday and Sunday.
Local heroes like Elecric Piquete and Suenalo and Locos por Juana will perform on the stage at Ponce de Leon with jazz guru and Carnaval King Ed Calle (pictured) bringing his full orchestra for a tribute to Gato Barbieri on Sunday at 8 p.m.
Highlights from the LeJeune stage roster include Palo! and the Pedrito Martinez Group on Saturday and headliners Conjunto Progreso on Sunday. The Douglas Road stage will keep things going with Latin fusion rockers Bachaco and Problem Kids 305 on Saturday and a Latin funk explosion on Sunday with Suenalo. More info and complete lineup at www.carnavalmiami.com.
See and Do
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida