Carnaval on the Mile is back in Coral Gables with two days of music
Carnaval on the Mile offers a two-day festival of art, food and music.
Carnaval on the Mile, Calle Ocho’s classy cousin, takes over Miracle Mile in Coral Gables with three different stages and a full roster of free performances on Saturday and Sunday.
Local heroes like Elecric Piquete and Suenalo and Locos por Juana will perform on the stage at Ponce de Leon with jazz guru and Carnaval King Ed Calle (pictured) bringing his full orchestra for a tribute to Gato Barbieri on Sunday at 8 p.m.
Highlights from the LeJeune stage roster include Palo! and the Pedrito Martinez Group on Saturday and headliners Conjunto Progreso on Sunday. The Douglas Road stage will keep things going with Latin fusion rockers Bachaco and Problem Kids 305 on Saturday and a Latin funk explosion on Sunday with Suenalo. More info and complete lineup at www.carnavalmiami.com.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art