Carnaval on the Mile is back in Coral Gables with two days of music
Carnaval on the Mile offers a two-day festival of art, food and music.
Carnaval on the Mile, Calle Ocho’s classy cousin, takes over Miracle Mile in Coral Gables with three different stages and a full roster of free performances on Saturday and Sunday.
Local heroes like Elecric Piquete and Suenalo and Locos por Juana will perform on the stage at Ponce de Leon with jazz guru and Carnaval King Ed Calle (pictured) bringing his full orchestra for a tribute to Gato Barbieri on Sunday at 8 p.m.
Highlights from the LeJeune stage roster include Palo! and the Pedrito Martinez Group on Saturday and headliners Conjunto Progreso on Sunday. The Douglas Road stage will keep things going with Latin fusion rockers Bachaco and Problem Kids 305 on Saturday and a Latin funk explosion on Sunday with Suenalo. More info and complete lineup at www.carnavalmiami.com.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami June 17-23
- Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, in Miami Beach to show us how to be the alpha dog
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 14-16
- Redland Summer Fruit Festival offers sweet and juicy fun in South Dade
- What to do with kids in Miami June 10-16
- Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project
- Big Gus of Spike TV's "Tattoo Nightmares" brings the ink to Miami's TattooLaPalooza
- Sky Riders at Miami Seaquarium
- Dino Island returns to the Miami Children's Museum
- City Theatre's ‘Summer Shorts’ returns to the Arsht Center