Carlos Arroyo's hoops dreams
Heat star into fashion - could an album be next?
Not everyone was stuffing their faces at the SoBe Wine & Food Fest last weekend. On Saturday hundreds of Miami Heat fans turned up at Macy’s in Dadeland Mall to meet Heat players Carlos Arroyo and Udonis Haslem, who were gladhanding while promoting Perry Ellis’ Cubavera line. We got a chance to chat with Arroyo about what he likes to do when he’s not shooting hoops.
Do you feel as a team you have what it takes to win a championship this year and get past the Celtics despite losing to them three times? We are striving for that. It’s going to take great patience. All egos have been set aside, and we feel like we are getting there. In the beginning, it was about building that chemistry as a team.
What do you love most about Heat fans? They are very supportive. This year especially we are feeling the love.
How do you like to spend your free time? With my family. I went to FIU, and the weather here in Miami is tremendous for being outside. I like to play golf, sit outside for a little and make music.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how