Carlos Arroyo's hoops dreams
Heat star into fashion - could an album be next?
Not everyone was stuffing their faces at the SoBe Wine & Food Fest last weekend. On Saturday hundreds of Miami Heat fans turned up at Macy’s in Dadeland Mall to meet Heat players Carlos Arroyo and Udonis Haslem, who were gladhanding while promoting Perry Ellis’ Cubavera line. We got a chance to chat with Arroyo about what he likes to do when he’s not shooting hoops.
Do you feel as a team you have what it takes to win a championship this year and get past the Celtics despite losing to them three times? We are striving for that. It’s going to take great patience. All egos have been set aside, and we feel like we are getting there. In the beginning, it was about building that chemistry as a team.
What do you love most about Heat fans? They are very supportive. This year especially we are feeling the love.
How do you like to spend your free time? With my family. I went to FIU, and the weather here in Miami is tremendous for being outside. I like to play golf, sit outside for a little and make music.
On Our Radar
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick