Carlos Arroyo’s life beyond the Miami Heat
Not everyone was stuffing their faces at the SoBe Wine & Food Fest last weekend. On Saturday hundreds of Miami Heat fans turned up at Macy’s in Dadeland Mall to meet current Heat player &...
Not everyone was stuffing their faces at the SoBe Wine & Food Fest last weekend. On Saturday hundreds of Miami Heat fans turned up at Macy’s in Dadeland Mall to meet current Heat player Udonis Haslem and former teammate Carlos Arroyo. The two fashion-forward athletes were gladhanding while promoting Perry Ellis’ Cubavera line. We got a chance to chat with Arroyo, a 31-year-old Puerto Rican native who owns his own record label (Arroyo Hit Music) and has released two singles so far.
The fans are very supportive. This year, especially, we were feeling the love.
How do you like to spend your free time?
With my family. I went to FIU, and the weather here in Miami is tremendous for being outside. I like to play golf, sit outside for a little bit and make music.
What kind of music do you create?
I like singing. I sing in Spanish. Reggaeton. I did a video last year but I don’t really have time for an album right now.
Do you have any favorite restaurants in Miami?
I like Old San Juan for Puerto Rican food. Prime Italian, too.
What do you think is a key element in being successful?
Surrounding yourself with the right people is key. It’s important to be around positive people
On Our Radar
- Demi Lovato: Eating disorder started when I was toddler
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?