Carlos Arroyo’s life beyond the Miami Heat
Not everyone was stuffing their faces at the SoBe Wine & Food Fest last weekend. On Saturday hundreds of Miami Heat fans turned up at Macy’s in Dadeland Mall to meet current Heat player &...
Not everyone was stuffing their faces at the SoBe Wine & Food Fest last weekend. On Saturday hundreds of Miami Heat fans turned up at Macy’s in Dadeland Mall to meet current Heat player Udonis Haslem and former teammate Carlos Arroyo. The two fashion-forward athletes were gladhanding while promoting Perry Ellis’ Cubavera line. We got a chance to chat with Arroyo, a 31-year-old Puerto Rican native who owns his own record label (Arroyo Hit Music) and has released two singles so far.
The fans are very supportive. This year, especially, we were feeling the love.
How do you like to spend your free time?
With my family. I went to FIU, and the weather here in Miami is tremendous for being outside. I like to play golf, sit outside for a little bit and make music.
What kind of music do you create?
I like singing. I sing in Spanish. Reggaeton. I did a video last year but I don’t really have time for an album right now.
Do you have any favorite restaurants in Miami?
I like Old San Juan for Puerto Rican food. Prime Italian, too.
What do you think is a key element in being successful?
Surrounding yourself with the right people is key. It’s important to be around positive people
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami