Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
Ex Top Chef contestant makes her Miami debut
Top Chef contestant Carla Pellegrino was sassy and saucy on her season of the hit Bravo cooking competition but let's get somethings straight---although her restaurant Touché (too-shay, not tushy) is located on the rooftop of the 24/7 Don't Call It A Strip Club It's An Adult Entertainment Venue known as E11EVEN, much to the dismay of some, servers, chef and staff will be fully clothed. The 7,100 square foot restaurant, opening April 3, has its own entrance via private elevator. The only thing going topless up there is the roof, which is retractable. Inside are 50 seats and an open kitchen and outside are 225 seats surrounded by waterfall wall, fire pits, communal table and bar.
And now for the food, because, just like the articles in one of those magazines, that's why you're really in this building. No, really. It will be. Among other things, Pellegrino's menu will feature classic meatballs and beef carpaccio, lobster fra diavolo, asaparagus risotto, Colorado lamb lollipops, red snaper with Gaeta olives, teardrop tomatoes and caperberries, salmon harissa and a selection of sushi and sashimi such as the tropical citrus salmon roll and halibut Usuzukirui sashimi.
Like the ladies working downstairs, the menu is all over the place and Pellegrino couldn't be more ready for her Miami culinary close up. "I'm looking forward to launching in the heart of Miami and catering to both the international and local community," she says. "I've wanted to bring a concept to South Florida for a long time and Touché is the perfect fit."
The restaurant will be open from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Sundays through Thursdays and 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
15 NE 11th St.
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"