Caribbean-American Heritage Month Kick-Off Celebration at PAMM
It's time for some calypso, reggae, soca, salsa, merengue, and all music representing the Caribbean. Kick off Caribbean-American month at Perez Art Museum Miami.
Thursday, June 5, 6PM - 9PM - Perez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
Free and open to the public. (PAMM is free every first Thursday of the month.) Self-parking on-site / Metromover: Museum Park station
In honor of Caribbean-American Heritage Month and a season at Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) dedicated to Caribbean art, PAMM teams up with Caribbean-American Heritage Florida and The Rhythm Foundation to present Lauderhill Steel Ensemble. Celebrate Caribbean culture with PAMM’s Caribbean: Crossroads of the World exhibition and dance under the stars to a live performance by the steel drum superstars, who will present a preview of their upcoming Colors of the Caribbean Festival performance.
Lauderhill Steel Ensemble originated in 2003 in collaboration with the City of Lauderhill’s department of Parks and Recreation. Its mission is to cultivate cultural awareness in the community by providing musical training on Steel Pans, as a means of fostering the preservation and advancement of Caribbean culture in the community. Lauderhill Steel Ensemble is presented in collaboration with Caribbean-American Heritage Florida and The Rhythm Foundation, with support provided by J.P. Morgan. Free first Thursdays is made possible in part with support provided by Knight Foundation.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Colors of the Caribbean, Big Night in Little Haiti featuring Akoustik Band, and more
- Taste of the Caribbean 2015: A Showcase of Caribbean Cuisine
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Juneteenth Food & Music Festival, Greek Cookout, Deltas After Dark, and more
- Miami Soul: Caribbean-American Heritage Month Events Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: CAT's Corner: A Jazz Fusion Experience, Que Boogaloo, All White Yacht Party and more
- Miami Soul: Live Jazz Spots Around Miami
- Miami Soul Memorial Day weekend guide: PAMM Memorial Day BBQ, Palm Beach Jerk & Caribbean Culture Festival, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Kinfolks SoulFood Music Festival and other events around South Florida
- Haitian Heritage Cultural Month Celebrations Around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more