Caribbean-American Heritage Month Kick-Off Celebration at PAMM
It's time for some calypso, reggae, soca, salsa, merengue, and all music representing the Caribbean. Kick off Caribbean-American month at Perez Art Museum Miami.
Thursday, June 5, 6PM - 9PM - Perez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
Free and open to the public. (PAMM is free every first Thursday of the month.) Self-parking on-site / Metromover: Museum Park station
In honor of Caribbean-American Heritage Month and a season at Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) dedicated to Caribbean art, PAMM teams up with Caribbean-American Heritage Florida and The Rhythm Foundation to present Lauderhill Steel Ensemble. Celebrate Caribbean culture with PAMM’s Caribbean: Crossroads of the World exhibition and dance under the stars to a live performance by the steel drum superstars, who will present a preview of their upcoming Colors of the Caribbean Festival performance.
Lauderhill Steel Ensemble originated in 2003 in collaboration with the City of Lauderhill’s department of Parks and Recreation. Its mission is to cultivate cultural awareness in the community by providing musical training on Steel Pans, as a means of fostering the preservation and advancement of Caribbean culture in the community. Lauderhill Steel Ensemble is presented in collaboration with Caribbean-American Heritage Florida and The Rhythm Foundation, with support provided by J.P. Morgan. Free first Thursdays is made possible in part with support provided by Knight Foundation.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide
- Miami Soul: R. Kelly, Toni Braxton, Maxwell, & Erykah Badu Headline 10th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Going Out Guide: Our Family Dinner, The Color Purple stage play, Redman & Talib Kweli live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Women's Innovation Brunch, Carib Film Fest, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Luncheon, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Miami African Fashion Week, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Techies, Innovators Converge in Miami for Black Tech Week February 23 - 28
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 9 Mile Music Festival, Jazz & Love Concert, Purvis Young Opening Reception, and more
- Miami Soul: Black History Month 2015 Celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun