Caribbean-American Heritage Month Kick-Off Celebration at PAMM
It's time for some calypso, reggae, soca, salsa, merengue, and all music representing the Caribbean. Kick off Caribbean-American month at Perez Art Museum Miami.
Thursday, June 5, 6PM - 9PM - Perez Art Museum Miami, 1103 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
Free and open to the public. (PAMM is free every first Thursday of the month.) Self-parking on-site / Metromover: Museum Park station
In honor of Caribbean-American Heritage Month and a season at Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) dedicated to Caribbean art, PAMM teams up with Caribbean-American Heritage Florida and The Rhythm Foundation to present Lauderhill Steel Ensemble. Celebrate Caribbean culture with PAMM’s Caribbean: Crossroads of the World exhibition and dance under the stars to a live performance by the steel drum superstars, who will present a preview of their upcoming Colors of the Caribbean Festival performance.
Lauderhill Steel Ensemble originated in 2003 in collaboration with the City of Lauderhill’s department of Parks and Recreation. Its mission is to cultivate cultural awareness in the community by providing musical training on Steel Pans, as a means of fostering the preservation and advancement of Caribbean culture in the community. Lauderhill Steel Ensemble is presented in collaboration with Caribbean-American Heritage Florida and The Rhythm Foundation, with support provided by J.P. Morgan. Free first Thursdays is made possible in part with support provided by Knight Foundation.
- Miami Soul 2016 Black History Month events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul: Florida Memorial University's Homecoming lineup featuring T.I. in concert, tailgating, and more
- Miami International Boat Show celebrates 75th Anniversary bigger & better February 11-15
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Live jazz, beer tastings, and other things to do in South Florida Jan 28 - Jan 31
- GastroWars Knife-Fight Competition & Craft Beer Pairings
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day celebration events and Day of Service projects throughout South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Zo's Winter Groove, Big Night in Little Haiti, Wine & Reggae Festival and more
- Florida Grand Opera debuts rarely-performed opera, Bellini’s Norma
- iPic Theaters opens in North Miami Beach for luxury movie going experience
- Funk Fest kicks off the New Year with live performances by Fantasia, New Edition, Doug E. Fresh and more