From costumes to celebs, Michael Capponi celebrated his birthday with a style all his own.
He may not be a big time promoter anymore, but that doesn't mean Michael Capponi doesn't know how to throw a party.
This year, for his birthday, the 38-year-old chose a fun and eclectic theme: Alice in Wonderland.
It was costumes galore on Friday at the lavish Star Island home of developer Thomas Kramer, where Capponi's closest VIP friends donned costumes similar to what you would see in the Disney flick. Plenty of Alices, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatters, Tweedledees, Tweedledums and white rabbits.
Kramer, the king of the castle (with a crown on his head and a long velvet coat) helped the birthday boy (dressed as the Mad Hatter) blow out the candles.
While most arrived by car, limo or taxi, a few lucky ones pulled up their yachts to the soiree.
Inside, first-timers, who hadn't been to Kramer's mansion before were able to sneak a peek of his grandiose art collection and decorated outside pool area.
Spotted: Transformers director Michael Bay, boxer Andre Berto and Project Runway runner-up Uli Herzner.
Proceeds from the Grey Goose sponsored party (where guests shelled out $50 to get past the velvet ropes), raised $30,000 for the United Way of Miami-Dade County.
Those who didn't want the night to end early partied across town at SET, where clubgoers were welcomed to Wonderland in style.
The club, decked out with four-foot playing cards hanging from the ceiling, had a huge clock made for the occasion where an odd looking Tweedledee spun a mix of hip-hop and pop from the DJ booth.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator