Cantina La Veinte Mexican restaurant opening this summer at Icon Brickell
Mexican restaurant group launches 1st U.S. outpost in Miami
Cantina La Veinte
495 Brickell Ave., Miami
A Mexican hospitality group has chosen Icon Brickell as the site for its first U.S. outpost of Cantina La Veinte, a waterfront spot starring Mexico City executive chef Santiago Gomez. The restaurant will have an open kitchen, outdoor seating, bar and mercato selling sandwiches, cheeses, wines, coffees and juices.
On the menu:
Aguachile – prawns or scallops in a serrano chile lime marinade; Tostadas de Atun – yellowfin tuna, crispy wonton chips, grilled corn guacamole, “Xcatic” peppers and chipotle aioli; and Gorditas de Chicharron Prensado – pressed chicharron, thick homemade tortilla and tomatillo salsa.
Tortas, or Mexican sandwiches, will feature Bacalao a la Vizcaina – salt cod braised in tomato sauce with olives, red peppers, garlic and Spanish olive oil; and Pierna – roasted pork leg with avocado, fresh cream and chipotle sauce.
Main plates known will include Huachinango Frito – a deep fried, whole-roasted boneless red snapper with chile de arbol salsa and crisp garlic flakes; and Cecina de Yecapixtla – thinly sliced smoked beef, herb Requesón cheese, farm fresh cream and Nopal cactus salad. Chiles Rellenos (stuffed peppers) include the Güero – fresh “Xcatic” pepper stuffed with smoked marlin ceviche and passion fruit coulis; Jalapeño – bacon-wrapped jalapeño peppers with cream cheese and pasilla-chile marmalade; and Poblano – roasted poblano pepper with black bean chorizo and Oaxaca cheese sauce.
The restaurant also claims it will have the largest selection of high-end tequilas and mezcals in the United States.
“We have been looking to expand into the United States for some time now and we chose to open our first Cantina La Veinte location in Miami because we feel it is the bridge between Latin and North America, with a worldly crowd who will appreciate this exciting concept,” says Alberto Cinta, Co-Founder of Cinbersol Group. “We’re looking forward to begin serving our patrons.”
Expect an opening sometime this summer.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer