Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed