Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day