Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar