Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down