Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- The Downstairs at Hotel Astor resurfaces on March 14
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian