Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in