Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria