Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood