Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo