Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space