Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami