Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF