Can a So Flo food truck owner stand the heat of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen?
Ex-Forge/Devito chef turned food trucker competes on 10th season of Hell's Kitchen
If you think summer in Miami is hellish, ask Robyn Almodovar what she thinks when she competes in the 10th season of Fox's Hell's Kitchen, premiering on June 4. Almodovar, who worked at The Forge and the now defunct Devito South Beach, was the Executive Sous Chef at the Royal Palm Hotel before going mobile and buying a food truck she named Palate Party. Almodovar shouldn't have trouble withstanding the heat in Gordon Ramsay's oft-oppressive kitchen: back in 2011, she was airlifted to Jackson Memorial after suffering burns on her face following a truck accident in which, well, she was on fire. She's fine now--or is she? Stay tuned to find out. A viewing party with Almodovar's truck and 23 others will take place at 8 p.m. on premiere night at Hollywood Circle in Young Arts Park. No fires, hopefully.
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner