Camila Alves McConaughey talking fashion, family
Appearing at Macy's
You might say Camila Alves has it all: three gorgeous kids, a movie star husband (Matthew McConaughey) and a fabulous career. Did we mention she was super, super nice? Meet Alves, the new brand ambassador for INC, as the Brazilian model/designer stops by Macy’s Aventura at 2 p.m. Saturday to host a fashion show.
We chatted before her trip:
How do you juggle all that you do?
I think just like any working mother, you have to find a balance in the middle of the chaos...which sometimes is very hard to do!! What’s helped me is having systems in place for my children and then I base work around that.
How is it having three kids as opposed to two or 1? Easier or harder?
Definitely harder! As I mentioned before, systems for each child is super helpful. I had it down pat with two, but I’m starting all over with one while still maintaining the others. Also, add lack of sleep while still running after two young ones, it’s a lot, but I wouldn’t change it a bit. Every day is an adventure.
What are you doing these days to stay in shape?
I’m still a few weeks away from being able to do any intense workouts so Im just watching my eating habits, trying to stay away from dairy, and drinking lots and lots of water. I've been eating really healthy foods: lots of vegetables and protein. Though I can’t kick my chocolate craving and still allow that as a cheat.
What do you like to do when visiting Miami?
I look for the best Latin restaurants in town to get the fix for my rice and beans!
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too