Camila Alves McConaughey talking fashion, family
Appearing at Macy's
You might say Camila Alves has it all: three gorgeous kids, a movie star husband (Matthew McConaughey) and a fabulous career. Did we mention she was super, super nice? Meet Alves, the new brand ambassador for INC, as the Brazilian model/designer stops by Macy’s Aventura at 2 p.m. Saturday to host a fashion show.
We chatted before her trip:
How do you juggle all that you do?
I think just like any working mother, you have to find a balance in the middle of the chaos...which sometimes is very hard to do!! What’s helped me is having systems in place for my children and then I base work around that.
How is it having three kids as opposed to two or 1? Easier or harder?
Definitely harder! As I mentioned before, systems for each child is super helpful. I had it down pat with two, but I’m starting all over with one while still maintaining the others. Also, add lack of sleep while still running after two young ones, it’s a lot, but I wouldn’t change it a bit. Every day is an adventure.
What are you doing these days to stay in shape?
I’m still a few weeks away from being able to do any intense workouts so Im just watching my eating habits, trying to stay away from dairy, and drinking lots and lots of water. I've been eating really healthy foods: lots of vegetables and protein. Though I can’t kick my chocolate craving and still allow that as a cheat.
What do you like to do when visiting Miami?
I look for the best Latin restaurants in town to get the fix for my rice and beans!
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood