Sign up to watch "Calzada," a documentary about Cuban-American artist Humberto Calzada.
1508 SW 8th St.
By Solange Reyner
Reserve your seat for the screening premier of "Calzada" this Thursday, January 7, at the Tower Theater in Miami. It's a documentary about the life and works of Cuban-American artist Humberto Calzada, and it's free - but only if you sign up here.
It all starts at 6 p.m. with a reception with Calzada and director Eduardo Montes-Bradley. I'll be there, so expect a Q&A with Calzada the day after.
A cocktail reception will follow at the theatre lounge where Gerardo Aguillón and José Angel Navarro will perform some traditional Cuban music.
See and Do
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos