Sign up to watch "Calzada," a documentary about Cuban-American artist Humberto Calzada.
1508 SW 8th St.
By Solange Reyner
Reserve your seat for the screening premier of "Calzada" this Thursday, January 7, at the Tower Theater in Miami. It's a documentary about the life and works of Cuban-American artist Humberto Calzada, and it's free - but only if you sign up here.
It all starts at 6 p.m. with a reception with Calzada and director Eduardo Montes-Bradley. I'll be there, so expect a Q&A with Calzada the day after.
A cocktail reception will follow at the theatre lounge where Gerardo Aguillón and José Angel Navarro will perform some traditional Cuban music.
See and Do
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida