Sign up to watch "Calzada," a documentary about Cuban-American artist Humberto Calzada.
1508 SW 8th St.
By Solange Reyner
Reserve your seat for the screening premier of "Calzada" this Thursday, January 7, at the Tower Theater in Miami. It's a documentary about the life and works of Cuban-American artist Humberto Calzada, and it's free - but only if you sign up here.
It all starts at 6 p.m. with a reception with Calzada and director Eduardo Montes-Bradley. I'll be there, so expect a Q&A with Calzada the day after.
A cocktail reception will follow at the theatre lounge where Gerardo Aguillón and José Angel Navarro will perform some traditional Cuban music.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs