California's Umami Burger opening in former 8 Oz space this Spring
Umami was named Burger of the Year by GQ
It was no secret California's wildly popular Umami Burger was eyeing Miami for its first out of Cali location and now, says founder and CEO Adam Fleischman, better late than never, it's confirmed. “Since we opened our first location in Los Angeles, people have been asking us to open in Miami,” Fleischman said. “Miami has a diverse food culture, blending together a lot of different genres but nothing like us. South Beach is going to love our burgers.” What makes him so sure? Well, Umami's reputation, for one, and the fact that it makes all its own condiments, cheeses and grinds its Waygu meat in house help. Expect a Spring debut in the space formerly known as 8 0z. as well as a new burger created specifically for the South Beach location. In the meantime, have a gander at its West Coast menu for an idea of what to expect.
1080 Alton Rd.
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami