California's Umami Burger opening in former 8 Oz space this Spring
Umami was named Burger of the Year by GQ
It was no secret California's wildly popular Umami Burger was eyeing Miami for its first out of Cali location and now, says founder and CEO Adam Fleischman, better late than never, it's confirmed. “Since we opened our first location in Los Angeles, people have been asking us to open in Miami,” Fleischman said. “Miami has a diverse food culture, blending together a lot of different genres but nothing like us. South Beach is going to love our burgers.” What makes him so sure? Well, Umami's reputation, for one, and the fact that it makes all its own condiments, cheeses and grinds its Waygu meat in house help. Expect a Spring debut in the space formerly known as 8 0z. as well as a new burger created specifically for the South Beach location. In the meantime, have a gander at its West Coast menu for an idea of what to expect.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar