California's Umami Burger opening in former 8 Oz space this Spring
Umami was named Burger of the Year by GQ
It was no secret California's wildly popular Umami Burger was eyeing Miami for its first out of Cali location and now, says founder and CEO Adam Fleischman, better late than never, it's confirmed. “Since we opened our first location in Los Angeles, people have been asking us to open in Miami,” Fleischman said. “Miami has a diverse food culture, blending together a lot of different genres but nothing like us. South Beach is going to love our burgers.” What makes him so sure? Well, Umami's reputation, for one, and the fact that it makes all its own condiments, cheeses and grinds its Waygu meat in house help. Expect a Spring debut in the space formerly known as 8 0z. as well as a new burger created specifically for the South Beach location. In the meantime, have a gander at its West Coast menu for an idea of what to expect.
1080 Alton Rd.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years