California's Umami Burger opening in former 8 Oz space this Spring
Umami was named Burger of the Year by GQ
It was no secret California's wildly popular Umami Burger was eyeing Miami for its first out of Cali location and now, says founder and CEO Adam Fleischman, better late than never, it's confirmed. “Since we opened our first location in Los Angeles, people have been asking us to open in Miami,” Fleischman said. “Miami has a diverse food culture, blending together a lot of different genres but nothing like us. South Beach is going to love our burgers.” What makes him so sure? Well, Umami's reputation, for one, and the fact that it makes all its own condiments, cheeses and grinds its Waygu meat in house help. Expect a Spring debut in the space formerly known as 8 0z. as well as a new burger created specifically for the South Beach location. In the meantime, have a gander at its West Coast menu for an idea of what to expect.
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian