California's Umami Burger opening in former 8 Oz space this Spring
Umami was named Burger of the Year by GQ
It was no secret California's wildly popular Umami Burger was eyeing Miami for its first out of Cali location and now, says founder and CEO Adam Fleischman, better late than never, it's confirmed. “Since we opened our first location in Los Angeles, people have been asking us to open in Miami,” Fleischman said. “Miami has a diverse food culture, blending together a lot of different genres but nothing like us. South Beach is going to love our burgers.” What makes him so sure? Well, Umami's reputation, for one, and the fact that it makes all its own condiments, cheeses and grinds its Waygu meat in house help. Expect a Spring debut in the space formerly known as 8 0z. as well as a new burger created specifically for the South Beach location. In the meantime, have a gander at its West Coast menu for an idea of what to expect.
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale