Calendar: Wednesday, Feb. 9
Intensely Chocolate with Carole Bloom: Pastry chef and author ( “Bite-Size Desserts,” “The Essential Baker,” “Intensely Chocolate”) shares tips and techniques; 6:30 p.m., Publix Apron’s Cooking School at Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $50, registration required. 561-994-4883 or www.publix.com/aprons.
University of Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University of Miami Main Campus, Stanford Drive and U.S. 1, west of the Student Center, Coral Gables. 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Wednesday Wine & Movie Night: Wine tasting series hosted by Barry Alberts in the Paragon Theater’s Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge followed by a classic or foreign film shown in the adjacent private screening room. (Or choose any first-run film at the Paragon for $5.). Tasting 6:30-8:30 p.m., screening 8:30 p.m. Cocowalk, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; $15 (includes appetizers), parking $2. 305-793-3120.
- Get a taste of Caribbean food at Ivan's Gastro in North Miami Beach
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Icy-cool crudo and rocket-hot rocks at Modern Garden in Miami
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The Gang in midtown Miami goes long on flair, falls short on fare
- New-look STK in Miami Beach is off to a sexy, meaty start
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Find a taste of Portugal at Lisboa Grill in Key Biscayne
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den