Calendar: Wednesday, Feb. 9
Intensely Chocolate with Carole Bloom: Pastry chef and author ( “Bite-Size Desserts,” “The Essential Baker,” “Intensely Chocolate”) shares tips and techniques; 6:30 p.m., Publix Apron’s Cooking School at Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $50, registration required. 561-994-4883 or www.publix.com/aprons.
University of Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University of Miami Main Campus, Stanford Drive and U.S. 1, west of the Student Center, Coral Gables. 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Wednesday Wine & Movie Night: Wine tasting series hosted by Barry Alberts in the Paragon Theater’s Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge followed by a classic or foreign film shown in the adjacent private screening room. (Or choose any first-run film at the Paragon for $5.). Tasting 6:30-8:30 p.m., screening 8:30 p.m. Cocowalk, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; $15 (includes appetizers), parking $2. 305-793-3120.
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- Brad Kilgore wants to alter your perceptions at Alter
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Settle into island time at Calypso Raw Bar in Pompano Beach
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- Memorable views, mostly forgettable food at Fresh American Bistro
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer