Calendar: Wednesday, Feb. 9
Intensely Chocolate with Carole Bloom: Pastry chef and author ( “Bite-Size Desserts,” “The Essential Baker,” “Intensely Chocolate”) shares tips and techniques; 6:30 p.m., Publix Apron’s Cooking School at Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $50, registration required. 561-994-4883 or www.publix.com/aprons.
University of Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University of Miami Main Campus, Stanford Drive and U.S. 1, west of the Student Center, Coral Gables. 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Wednesday Wine & Movie Night: Wine tasting series hosted by Barry Alberts in the Paragon Theater’s Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge followed by a classic or foreign film shown in the adjacent private screening room. (Or choose any first-run film at the Paragon for $5.). Tasting 6:30-8:30 p.m., screening 8:30 p.m. Cocowalk, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; $15 (includes appetizers), parking $2. 305-793-3120.
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- This North Miami Beach spot is for laid back Mediterranean-Spanish tapas
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- What this 'hungry black man' did after a 'dining while black' experience
- Yelp gives the score on Miami's best game day chicken wings
- 5 dining options at Hard Rock Stadium
- Bahama Breeze and Uber team up for Rumbash this Friday
- Eat among the art at South Beach's Canvas
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach