Calendar: Wednesday, Feb. 9
Intensely Chocolate with Carole Bloom: Pastry chef and author ( “Bite-Size Desserts,” “The Essential Baker,” “Intensely Chocolate”) shares tips and techniques; 6:30 p.m., Publix Apron’s Cooking School at Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $50, registration required. 561-994-4883 or www.publix.com/aprons.
University of Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University of Miami Main Campus, Stanford Drive and U.S. 1, west of the Student Center, Coral Gables. 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Wednesday Wine & Movie Night: Wine tasting series hosted by Barry Alberts in the Paragon Theater’s Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge followed by a classic or foreign film shown in the adjacent private screening room. (Or choose any first-run film at the Paragon for $5.). Tasting 6:30-8:30 p.m., screening 8:30 p.m. Cocowalk, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; $15 (includes appetizers), parking $2. 305-793-3120.
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- How a historic pump house became a luxe new restaurant near Morningside
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- This landmark Spanish market just popped up in downtown
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp