Calendar: Thursday, Feb. 3
“Flavors of the Florida Keys”: Linda Gassenheimer presents her books with more than 200 recipes from the Florida Keys and behind-the-scenes stories on culinary traditions; 7:30 p.m., Books & Books, 9700 Collins Ave., second level, Bal Harbour; free. 305-864-4241 or www.booksandbooks.com.
Italian Wine Masters Miami: Tastings and seminars for members of the wine trade and media. A business card or other professional identification is required for admission. Presented by four of Italy’s most prestigious winemaking regions, D.O.C.G. Brunello di Montalcino, D.O.C.G. Chianti Classico, D.O.C.G. Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and D.O.C.G. Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore; 1-6 p.m., JW Marriott Marquis Hotel, 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami; free, reservations required. 877-217-9867 or www.italianwinemasters.com:
Jackson Memorial Foundation Green Market: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Alamo Park, 1611 NW 12th Ave., inside the Jackson Memorial Hospital Campus, Miami; 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Memorial Green Market: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Memorial Regional Hospital, 3501 Johnson St., Hollywood. 305-531-0038 or www.themarketcompany.org.
Publix Apron’s Cooking School: www.publix.com/aprons:
*Let Them Eat Cake: 6 p.m., Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $35, registration required. 561-994-4883.
*Sushi 101: The ancient art of sushi from beginning to end, including rice cooking and ingredient selection; 6 p.m., 1181 S. University Dr., Plantation; $50, registration required. 954-577-7632.
SOBE Local Food Tour: Walking tour with tastings at five to seven stops; noon -2:30 p.m. (also Friday, Saturday and Wednesday and 6-8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday). Meeting place disclosed with booking confirmation; $59; 855-642-3663 or www.miamiculinarytours.com.
Thirsty Thursdays: Three cocktails, beers and/or glasses of wine plus ceviches and grilled skewers with wine educator Barry Alberts; 6-9 p.m., Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Grill, 3067 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; $20. 305-444-0216.
- Outrageous desserts and American classics at Sugar Factory
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Burrito San rolls oversize sushi in downtown Miami
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Eat the best of the wurst at Bavaria Haus in Bayside Marketplace
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine