Calendar: Monday, Feb. 7
Food and Wine Talk WSFG: Jean-Charles Boisset, president of Boisset Family Estates in St. Helena, Calif., and Kevin Zraly, owner of Windows on the World Wine School in New Paltz, N.Y., join hosts Carole Kotkin and Simone Diament 11 a.m.-noon on www.southfloridagourmet.com.
Sushi 101: The ancient art of sushi from beginning to end, including rice cooking and ingredient selection; 6 p.m., Publix Apron’s Cooking S chool at Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $50, registration required. 561-994-4883 or www.publix.com/aprons.
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Now that's a Good Pie: Davie bakery does sweet and savory
- Restaurant review: Bright colors, bold flavors at Cantina La Veinte
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option