Calendar: Friday, Feb. 4
Cobblers, Crisps and Crumbles Using Seasonal Ingredients: Registration deadline for 6-9 p.m. class on Feb. 10 with Frances Brown, pastry chef and former owner of The Pineapple Blossom Tea Room; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; $60, $45 FTBG members. 305-667-1651, ext. 3322 or www.fairchildgarden.org.
Giralda Under the Stars: Al fresco dining and live entertainment at Downtown Coral Gables’ Restaurant Row. Participating venues include Bangkok Bangkok II, Castelluccio Ristorante, La Dorada, Las Vegas Restaurant, Miss Saigon Bistro, Las Leñas Argentinian Steakhouse, Mister Wings, The Bar, Talavera, Spris Restaurant, Il Grissino and The Local; 7 p.m.-midnight; 100 block of Giralda Avenue between Ponce de Leon Boulevard and Galiano Street, Coral Gables. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.
Publix Apron’s Cooking School: www.publix.com/aprons:
*Celebrity Chef Demonstration: Giuliano Hazan, author of “The Classic Pasta Cookbook,” “Every Night Italian” and “How to Cook Italian,” shows how to prepare authentic Italian cuisine; 6:30 p.m., Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $45, registration required. 561-994-4883.
*“The Crabby Cook Cookbook-Recipes and Rants”: Jessica Harper discusses recipes from her book; 6:30 p.m., 1181 S. University Dr., Plantation; $45, registration required. 954-577-7632.
Roots in the City Farmer’s Market: Two-for-one deal on produce purchased with food stamps; 1-4 p.m. (also Wednesdays); at the corner of Northwest Second Avenue and 10th Street, Miami. 305-772-3229 or www.rootsinthecity.net.
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- American Social now open in Brickell
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- Freshii: Fast food that's healthy and tastes good
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Say 'Opa!' to new Cleo restaurant in the Redbury Hotel in Miami Beach
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour