Calendar: Friday, Feb. 4
Cobblers, Crisps and Crumbles Using Seasonal Ingredients: Registration deadline for 6-9 p.m. class on Feb. 10 with Frances Brown, pastry chef and former owner of The Pineapple Blossom Tea Room; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; $60, $45 FTBG members. 305-667-1651, ext. 3322 or www.fairchildgarden.org.
Giralda Under the Stars: Al fresco dining and live entertainment at Downtown Coral Gables’ Restaurant Row. Participating venues include Bangkok Bangkok II, Castelluccio Ristorante, La Dorada, Las Vegas Restaurant, Miss Saigon Bistro, Las Leñas Argentinian Steakhouse, Mister Wings, The Bar, Talavera, Spris Restaurant, Il Grissino and The Local; 7 p.m.-midnight; 100 block of Giralda Avenue between Ponce de Leon Boulevard and Galiano Street, Coral Gables. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.
Publix Apron’s Cooking School: www.publix.com/aprons:
*Celebrity Chef Demonstration: Giuliano Hazan, author of “The Classic Pasta Cookbook,” “Every Night Italian” and “How to Cook Italian,” shows how to prepare authentic Italian cuisine; 6:30 p.m., Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $45, registration required. 561-994-4883.
*“The Crabby Cook Cookbook-Recipes and Rants”: Jessica Harper discusses recipes from her book; 6:30 p.m., 1181 S. University Dr., Plantation; $45, registration required. 954-577-7632.
Roots in the City Farmer’s Market: Two-for-one deal on produce purchased with food stamps; 1-4 p.m. (also Wednesdays); at the corner of Northwest Second Avenue and 10th Street, Miami. 305-772-3229 or www.rootsinthecity.net.
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- International sushi chain opens first U.S. spot — on South Beach
- Miami Herald Top 10: Alloy among 2016's best-reviewed restaurants
- Here are four new Miami, Beach restaurants to try this month
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day