Calendar: Friday, Feb. 4
Cobblers, Crisps and Crumbles Using Seasonal Ingredients: Registration deadline for 6-9 p.m. class on Feb. 10 with Frances Brown, pastry chef and former owner of The Pineapple Blossom Tea Room; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; $60, $45 FTBG members. 305-667-1651, ext. 3322 or www.fairchildgarden.org.
Giralda Under the Stars: Al fresco dining and live entertainment at Downtown Coral Gables’ Restaurant Row. Participating venues include Bangkok Bangkok II, Castelluccio Ristorante, La Dorada, Las Vegas Restaurant, Miss Saigon Bistro, Las Leñas Argentinian Steakhouse, Mister Wings, The Bar, Talavera, Spris Restaurant, Il Grissino and The Local; 7 p.m.-midnight; 100 block of Giralda Avenue between Ponce de Leon Boulevard and Galiano Street, Coral Gables. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.
Publix Apron’s Cooking School: www.publix.com/aprons:
*Celebrity Chef Demonstration: Giuliano Hazan, author of “The Classic Pasta Cookbook,” “Every Night Italian” and “How to Cook Italian,” shows how to prepare authentic Italian cuisine; 6:30 p.m., Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $45, registration required. 561-994-4883.
*“The Crabby Cook Cookbook-Recipes and Rants”: Jessica Harper discusses recipes from her book; 6:30 p.m., 1181 S. University Dr., Plantation; $45, registration required. 954-577-7632.
Roots in the City Farmer’s Market: Two-for-one deal on produce purchased with food stamps; 1-4 p.m. (also Wednesdays); at the corner of Northwest Second Avenue and 10th Street, Miami. 305-772-3229 or www.rootsinthecity.net.
- Turkish delights fill the menu at Lokum in Miami Beach
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Spanish team goes for high-end Mediterranean food at Klima in Miami Beach
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Cay Café’s changing menu presents a stylish lunch option at DCOTA
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- Visa-O1 tosses extraordinary pizzas in South Beach
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs