Calendar: Friday, Feb. 4
Cobblers, Crisps and Crumbles Using Seasonal Ingredients: Registration deadline for 6-9 p.m. class on Feb. 10 with Frances Brown, pastry chef and former owner of The Pineapple Blossom Tea Room; Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables; $60, $45 FTBG members. 305-667-1651, ext. 3322 or www.fairchildgarden.org.
Giralda Under the Stars: Al fresco dining and live entertainment at Downtown Coral Gables’ Restaurant Row. Participating venues include Bangkok Bangkok II, Castelluccio Ristorante, La Dorada, Las Vegas Restaurant, Miss Saigon Bistro, Las Leñas Argentinian Steakhouse, Mister Wings, The Bar, Talavera, Spris Restaurant, Il Grissino and The Local; 7 p.m.-midnight; 100 block of Giralda Avenue between Ponce de Leon Boulevard and Galiano Street, Coral Gables. 305-569-0311 or shopcoralgables.com.
Publix Apron’s Cooking School: www.publix.com/aprons:
*Celebrity Chef Demonstration: Giuliano Hazan, author of “The Classic Pasta Cookbook,” “Every Night Italian” and “How to Cook Italian,” shows how to prepare authentic Italian cuisine; 6:30 p.m., Polo Club Shoppes, 5050 Champion Blvd., Boca Raton; $45, registration required. 561-994-4883.
*“The Crabby Cook Cookbook-Recipes and Rants”: Jessica Harper discusses recipes from her book; 6:30 p.m., 1181 S. University Dr., Plantation; $45, registration required. 954-577-7632.
Roots in the City Farmer’s Market: Two-for-one deal on produce purchased with food stamps; 1-4 p.m. (also Wednesdays); at the corner of Northwest Second Avenue and 10th Street, Miami. 305-772-3229 or www.rootsinthecity.net.
- 7 Top Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Restaurants
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- Fusion of cultures nets stellar ramen at Ichimi
- 7 Top Fine Dining Waterfront Restaurants in Miami
- First Look: Downtown gets a dose of Caribbean flavors at Zest
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- Midtown Oyster Bar brings more than oysters
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants