Calle Ocho, Miami’s massive street festival, invites you to enjoy five stages featuring non-stop music including this year’s addition — a country music stage. There w...
Calle Ocho, Miami’s massive street festival, invites you to enjoy five stages featuring non-stop music including this year’s addition — a country music stage. There will be kids’ activities, Latin food favorites and free fun for the entire family. Southwest Eighth Street between 11th and 27th avenues, Miami; www.carnavalmiami.com.
If watching the Miami Heat play has had you close to tears lately, enjoy some sheer basketball entertainment with no heartache courtesy of the Harlem Globetrotters. Whistle “Sweet Georgia Brown” as you watch the roundball wizards tackle this year’s twist — the 4-point shot, 35 feet from the basket. $22-$180. AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 786-777-1000.
In honor of Pridefest South Florida, W Fort Lauderdale will host the NOH8 Campaign, inviting the South Florida community to help break the silence against marriage inequality. Celebrity photographer Adam Bouska will be there to take your pic. 401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
On Our Radar
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub
- Brittny Gastineau has fun in the sun in Miami
- Hulu star Ray Diaz comes home to Miami