Record producer Emilio Estefan signs copies of “The Exile Experience: Journey to Freedom,” an historical chronicle that celebrates the achievements of the Cuban...
Record producer Emilio Estefan signs copies of “The Exile Experience: Journey to Freedom,” an historical chronicle that celebrates the achievements of the Cuban community in the United States. The book is in English and Spanish and features a foreword by written by Estefan. Book signing followed by Q & A session. Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408.
During Wynwood’s monthly Art Walk, Primary Flight presents a group show entitled “Para Mi Gente,” inspired by the Chicha poster art of Peru featuring collages of images provided by such artists as Shepard Fairey, Tristan Eaton and gallerist Fred Snitzer to generate one, fluid Chicha-style piece. Primary Flight, 4141 NE Second Ave., Miami; www.primaryflight.com
The Florida Room at Delano and Giant Step present hip-hop superstar Questlove from The Roots performing live. Florida Room , 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-6152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails