Cake Boss coming to The Fillmore Miami Beach
Buddy Valastro won’t be doing any fondants when he comes to The Fillmore Miami Beach 7 p.m. Sunday, but he’ll dish about his crazy life running Carlo’s Bakery in Hoboken, N.J, the subject of his TLC reality show, Cake Boss. We caught up with Valastro, who says the audience should be ready to come up on stage.
How do you keep your weight down with all the temptations?
Tasting the cakes and pastries comes with the job, but it’s a bite or two. I’m not eating whole cakes everyday. All in moderation. Do you have a guiltiest pleasure foodwise? That’d probably be a good slice of pizza.
What is a typical day like for you?
Busy, that’s for sure. I’m always moving from our [other operation] Cake Factory in Jersey City, to Carlo’s in Hoboken, but as busy as the day can get, I make sure to get home in time to have dinner with my wife and kids and spend the evening with them.
What is hands down the craziest request?
I mean, the toilet cake was definitely outside of the box [for General Plumbing Supply’s 100th anniversary]. We got that cake to flush too. Crazy cakes always bring new challenges, and I love to be challenged.
Tickets cost $48.50 and $38.50 at livenation.com. VIP meet-and-greet tickets ($87.50) also available.
On Our Radar
- Donald Trump gets key to Doral
- Ivanka Trump, on fashion, work, motherhood, Miami
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro