Cake Boss helps local baker
Before Cake Boss Buddy Valastro was rescued off a boat in NYC over the weekend, he managed to help Miami-based Pastry Is Art bakery on an episode airing at 7 p.m. Tuesday. We had a chance to ask Valastro about his experience helping owner Jenny Rissone, and he said, “I really enjoyed working with Jenny and the Pastry Is Art team. Jenny is a great pastry chef, but she struggled with where to focus her energy. One of the most important things I wanted to help her with was getting her name out there. It doesn’t matter how good your product is if nobody knows you’re there. It was great because Jenny and the team were open to the advice I gave and used it to make them even better.”
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested