Cake Boss helps local baker
Before Cake Boss Buddy Valastro was rescued off a boat in NYC over the weekend, he managed to help Miami-based Pastry Is Art bakery on an episode airing at 7 p.m. Tuesday. We had a chance to ask Valastro about his experience helping owner Jenny Rissone, and he said, “I really enjoyed working with Jenny and the Pastry Is Art team. Jenny is a great pastry chef, but she struggled with where to focus her energy. One of the most important things I wanted to help her with was getting her name out there. It doesn’t matter how good your product is if nobody knows you’re there. It was great because Jenny and the team were open to the advice I gave and used it to make them even better.”
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie