Cake Boss helps local baker
Before Cake Boss Buddy Valastro was rescued off a boat in NYC over the weekend, he managed to help Miami-based Pastry Is Art bakery on an episode airing at 7 p.m. Tuesday. We had a chance to ask Valastro about his experience helping owner Jenny Rissone, and he said, “I really enjoyed working with Jenny and the Pastry Is Art team. Jenny is a great pastry chef, but she struggled with where to focus her energy. One of the most important things I wanted to help her with was getting her name out there. It doesn’t matter how good your product is if nobody knows you’re there. It was great because Jenny and the team were open to the advice I gave and used it to make them even better.”
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'