Cake Boss helps local baker
Before Cake Boss Buddy Valastro was rescued off a boat in NYC over the weekend, he managed to help Miami-based Pastry Is Art bakery on an episode airing at 7 p.m. Tuesday. We had a chance to ask Valastro about his experience helping owner Jenny Rissone, and he said, “I really enjoyed working with Jenny and the Pastry Is Art team. Jenny is a great pastry chef, but she struggled with where to focus her energy. One of the most important things I wanted to help her with was getting her name out there. It doesn’t matter how good your product is if nobody knows you’re there. It was great because Jenny and the team were open to the advice I gave and used it to make them even better.”
On Our Radar
- Latino stars come out at New World Symphony
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'