Cafe Martorano scouting South Beach locations
South Philly meets Studio 54 by way of Ft. Lauderdale & Vegas
Celebrating 20 years at its Oakland Park location, Cafe Martorano, the South Philly Italian hot spot known for meatballs with a side of disco is now looking to add South Beach to its location map which already includes a spot in Vegas and one at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood. And while rumor has it, Martorano is eyeing the old China Grill space, says a rep for chef/owner Steve Martorano, "Steve is scouting possible locations in South Beach, but there are no specific locations, and at the moment, there's nothing to report." Stay tuned.
Update 5/20/13: Martorano is not looking at the China Grill space. Says his rep, "While Steve is scouting locations - that one is not in the consideration set."
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!