Cafe Martorano scouting South Beach locations
South Philly meets Studio 54 by way of Ft. Lauderdale & Vegas
Celebrating 20 years at its Oakland Park location, Cafe Martorano, the South Philly Italian hot spot known for meatballs with a side of disco is now looking to add South Beach to its location map which already includes a spot in Vegas and one at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood. And while rumor has it, Martorano is eyeing the old China Grill space, says a rep for chef/owner Steve Martorano, "Steve is scouting possible locations in South Beach, but there are no specific locations, and at the moment, there's nothing to report." Stay tuned.
Update 5/20/13: Martorano is not looking at the China Grill space. Says his rep, "While Steve is scouting locations - that one is not in the consideration set."
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab