Cafe Martorano scouting South Beach locations
South Philly meets Studio 54 by way of Ft. Lauderdale & Vegas
Celebrating 20 years at its Oakland Park location, Cafe Martorano, the South Philly Italian hot spot known for meatballs with a side of disco is now looking to add South Beach to its location map which already includes a spot in Vegas and one at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood. And while rumor has it, Martorano is eyeing the old China Grill space, says a rep for chef/owner Steve Martorano, "Steve is scouting possible locations in South Beach, but there are no specific locations, and at the moment, there's nothing to report." Stay tuned.
Update 5/20/13: Martorano is not looking at the China Grill space. Says his rep, "While Steve is scouting locations - that one is not in the consideration set."
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19