Burr, Knaus strawberry stands open
At Christmastime in other climes, red is the color of holly berries and Santa’s suit, but in South Florida it’s also the color of strawberries.
“Berries are outstanding this season!” says Burr, organizer of the Redland Riot tour of Miami-Dade’s agricultural area.
His next Redland Riot Road Rallye (www.redlandriot.com) takes place Jan. 15. Among its stops is South Miami-Dade’s other principal strawberry purveyor, Knaus Berry Farm, 15980 SW 248th St., Homestead; 305-247-0668, www.knausberryfarm.com.
- Bazi takes South Beach eaters on an Asian culinary tour
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- Tracking Miami taco joints, from South Beach to Wynwood
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- SeaWatch restaurant gets a face-lift in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA