Burr, Knaus strawberry stands open
At Christmastime in other climes, red is the color of holly berries and Santa’s suit, but in South Florida it’s also the color of strawberries.
“Berries are outstanding this season!” says Burr, organizer of the Redland Riot tour of Miami-Dade’s agricultural area.
His next Redland Riot Road Rallye (www.redlandriot.com) takes place Jan. 15. Among its stops is South Miami-Dade’s other principal strawberry purveyor, Knaus Berry Farm, 15980 SW 248th St., Homestead; 305-247-0668, www.knausberryfarm.com.
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- Miami restaurant review: Upper East Side gets a Pinch of creative cooking
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- Beaker & Gray is a new date spot in Wynwood
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Brickell's Komodo is a Pan-Asian Palace