Burn off that Thanksgiving Grub
Hit the beach for some volleyball on Saturday or get to the race course at Tropical Park on Thanksgiving Day to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Turkey Day.
By Solange Reyner
Want to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Thanksgiving? Hit the race course on Thanksgiving Day, or burn some calories at beach volleyball on Sunday.
Here's the info:
- 5K/10K Turkey Trot
Where: Tropical Park
7900 SW 40 Street
When: Thursday, November 26th at 7:30 a.m.
Fees: 10K - $30, 5K - $25, Students - $25
The facts according to Active.com: Running a 10K burns 780 calories (Thanksgiving dinner is typically 750 calories)
Directions: Take 826, exit on Bird Road heading West, take left into Tropical Park
- 8th Street Beach Volleyball presented by Equinox
Where: 8th Street and Ocean Drive
When: Saturdays, 10 a.m. ti 12 a.m.
The info: EVP Volleyball instructor Weyni Johnson takes you through camp drills followed by partner exercises. Open to members and non-members.
See and Do
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week