Burn off that Thanksgiving Grub
Hit the beach for some volleyball on Saturday or get to the race course at Tropical Park on Thanksgiving Day to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Turkey Day.
By Solange Reyner
Want to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Thanksgiving? Hit the race course on Thanksgiving Day, or burn some calories at beach volleyball on Sunday.
Here's the info:
- 5K/10K Turkey Trot
Where: Tropical Park
7900 SW 40 Street
When: Thursday, November 26th at 7:30 a.m.
Fees: 10K - $30, 5K - $25, Students - $25
The facts according to Active.com: Running a 10K burns 780 calories (Thanksgiving dinner is typically 750 calories)
Directions: Take 826, exit on Bird Road heading West, take left into Tropical Park
- 8th Street Beach Volleyball presented by Equinox
Where: 8th Street and Ocean Drive
When: Saturdays, 10 a.m. ti 12 a.m.
The info: EVP Volleyball instructor Weyni Johnson takes you through camp drills followed by partner exercises. Open to members and non-members.
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts and photo ops for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus