Burn off that Thanksgiving Grub
Hit the beach for some volleyball on Saturday or get to the race course at Tropical Park on Thanksgiving Day to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Turkey Day.
By Solange Reyner
Want to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Thanksgiving? Hit the race course on Thanksgiving Day, or burn some calories at beach volleyball on Sunday.
Here's the info:
- 5K/10K Turkey Trot
Where: Tropical Park
7900 SW 40 Street
When: Thursday, November 26th at 7:30 a.m.
Fees: 10K - $30, 5K - $25, Students - $25
The facts according to Active.com: Running a 10K burns 780 calories (Thanksgiving dinner is typically 750 calories)
Directions: Take 826, exit on Bird Road heading West, take left into Tropical Park
- 8th Street Beach Volleyball presented by Equinox
Where: 8th Street and Ocean Drive
When: Saturdays, 10 a.m. ti 12 a.m.
The info: EVP Volleyball instructor Weyni Johnson takes you through camp drills followed by partner exercises. Open to members and non-members.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center