Burn off that Thanksgiving Grub
Hit the beach for some volleyball on Saturday or get to the race course at Tropical Park on Thanksgiving Day to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Turkey Day.
By Solange Reyner
Want to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Thanksgiving? Hit the race course on Thanksgiving Day, or burn some calories at beach volleyball on Sunday.
Here's the info:
- 5K/10K Turkey Trot
Where: Tropical Park
7900 SW 40 Street
When: Thursday, November 26th at 7:30 a.m.
Fees: 10K - $30, 5K - $25, Students - $25
The facts according to Active.com: Running a 10K burns 780 calories (Thanksgiving dinner is typically 750 calories)
Directions: Take 826, exit on Bird Road heading West, take left into Tropical Park
- 8th Street Beach Volleyball presented by Equinox
Where: 8th Street and Ocean Drive
When: Saturdays, 10 a.m. ti 12 a.m.
The info: EVP Volleyball instructor Weyni Johnson takes you through camp drills followed by partner exercises. Open to members and non-members.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami
- Coral Gables Art Cinema hosts Miami International Children’s Film Festival
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo