Burn off that Thanksgiving Grub
Hit the beach for some volleyball on Saturday or get to the race course at Tropical Park on Thanksgiving Day to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Turkey Day.
By Solange Reyner
Want to avoid packing on the pounds pre and post Thanksgiving? Hit the race course on Thanksgiving Day, or burn some calories at beach volleyball on Sunday.
Here's the info:
- 5K/10K Turkey Trot
Where: Tropical Park
7900 SW 40 Street
When: Thursday, November 26th at 7:30 a.m.
Fees: 10K - $30, 5K - $25, Students - $25
The facts according to Active.com: Running a 10K burns 780 calories (Thanksgiving dinner is typically 750 calories)
Directions: Take 826, exit on Bird Road heading West, take left into Tropical Park
- 8th Street Beach Volleyball presented by Equinox
Where: 8th Street and Ocean Drive
When: Saturdays, 10 a.m. ti 12 a.m.
The info: EVP Volleyball instructor Weyni Johnson takes you through camp drills followed by partner exercises. Open to members and non-members.
See and Do
- 'Book of Mormon' to hold $25 ticket lottery at Arsht
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 21-23
- Top events for the Miami Book Fair International
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20