Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami