Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15