Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14