Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- House of Horror curdles with more frights
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday