Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week
- Miami Museum Month
- 16 things to do with kids May 6-12
- Free and cheap events in Miami - May 3-5