Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida