Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden