Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
See and Do
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 14-16
- ‘This American Life’ creator Ira Glass does mash-up with modern dancers to open Book Fair
- Book Fair fun, freebies & parades: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week