Brunch and a Film
An Italian film, brunch and a lively discussion - all for $10 this Sunday, Oct. 4 in Fort Lauderdale.
This Sunday, set off to Italy with a showing of "The Missing Star" at the Cinema Paradiso in Fort Lauderdale. The monthly showing is part of Cafe Cinematheque International, a popular monthly foreign film series hosted by film expert Shelly Isaacs.
It all starts at 10 a.m. You get a scrumptious brunch - which includes canollis, tomato frittata and Italian bread with prosciutto - a movie, and a conversation all for $10.
"The Missing Star" is about an Italian machinist who finds his world view altered when he travels into the heart of China's new industrial landscape with a young female guide. Issacs, an instructor of foreign film appreciation at FIU, facilitates the discussion.
503 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, 33301
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21
- HistoryMiami's Stiltsville Tour is an only-in-Miami experience
- 5 reasons Back-To-School Season in Miami is amazing
- Miami is Raising the Vibe this Fall