Brooklyn's Lucali promises "Miami's best pizza" for South Beach
Brookly's Lucali brings pizza to South Beach
Pizza fans rejoice! Brooklyn's much-loved Lucali has opened its doors on South Beach, just steps from the Sunset Harbor Pubbelly empire. Look for calzones and the restaurant's only pizza - the 20-inch "plain pie." Layer on up to four toppings (Lucali sets a max), including shallots, onions, pepperoni, mushrooms and basil. Owner Mark Iacono opened the Brooklyn location about seven years ago and has partnered with his cousin Dominic Cavagnuolo to open the South Beach location (the restaurant's first expansion beyond New York). Pizzas start at $26 and include house-made sauce, mozzarella, fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Lucali is currently open 6-10 pm. 930 Bay Rd, Miami Beach; 305-695-4441.
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef