Bring on the burgers: The Gables hosts Burgerliscious
Nov 3, 6-10pm
Ponce Circle Park: 2810 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables
It’s Christmas in November for carnivores as the Gables presents Burgerliscious Thursday, Nov 3. Over 20 restaurants will be participating in this inaugural festival featuring burgers, beer and live music. We spoke with Paola Goldberg, chef and co-owner of Route 9, about participating in the festival, the secret to a great burger and working with her husband.
Tell us about the festival
We’re very excited about joining and making it a bit of a tradition. We’ve never participated in anything like this, we’re excited, I think we’re going to have a lot of fun with it.
And your secret burger?
We’re planning to make about 300 mini versions of the burger we offer at the restaurant. It’s actually my mom’s recipe. People love it because it’s made with good, fresh ingredients – beef, sharp provolone, bacon and a brioche bun. What’s not to love about bacon?
Are you worried about the competition?
Not really, regardless of the outcome we want to have fun. A lot of people in the Gables don’t know us yet, we just opened about nine months ago. We just want to show people what were all about.
Tell us about Route 9.
My husband and I (he runs the front and I run the back) have been working in the industry for the past 10 years. This has been our dream for a long time. We wanted to offer something that’s comfortable. We love dining out & we appreciate good food & good wine. Everything from the décor to the food to the hospitality at Route 9 is us - we want people to feel like they’re at our home. Route 9: 1915 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables; 305-569-9009
Burgerliscious: Nov 3 from 6-10pm; Ponce Circle Park, 2810 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables; tickets $25 (general, includes three sliders and two Samuel Adams Beers) - $50 (VIP) (includes three sliders, two Samuel Adams Beers and access to the Brown-Forman Beverages VIP Lounge)
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall
- Jugofresh adds coffee drinks to Miami menus
- The Best St. Patrick's Day events