Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
The secrecy is more of a "deterrent or qualifier for guests who are in-the-know."
Miami's newest pop-up cocktail bar is in a decidedly "incognito" location. "Better Days," with its shabby chic/hipster decor, is inside a thrift shop (on Brickell? Si.) in the 500 Brickell building.
Make no mistake, this is no speakeasy. Creator Challo Schott says the secrecy is more of a "deterrent or qualifier for guests who are in-the-know."
That means you have to be cool, or reading this article, to find Better Days. Once you arrive, you'll find the dead flamingo logo, vintage furniture and materials in a living room-style setting with a few TVs, pool tables, and a DJ booth/stage for live performances.
Schott, a nightlife guy and Jimmy John's franchisee in Delray Beach, says guests should expect a "back-to-basics bar model coupled with eclectic throwback sensibilities."
Better Days, open daily from 5 p.m. - 5 a.m., features a revolving menu of craft cocktails and beers, including two simple "day changers," the Paloma and the Michelada. Both are popular Mexican refreshments lauded for their thirst-quenching properties. The Paloma is a tequila-based drink with fresh grapefruit juice, lime, and soda water and the Michelada is cerveza spiked with lime juice, spices, peppers, and served in a salt-rimmed pint glass.
Residents of 500 Brickell will be treated to special pricing.
Happy Hour (Monday - Friday): Half off well drinks, calls, drafts, and wines.
A weekly industry (service, salon, retail) night is TBA: half off the entire check as well as nightly industry discounts up to 30 percent.
A representative from Better Days informed Miami.com that information originally provided by the venue was inaccurate: Challo Schott is the creator and Jeronimo Hirschfeld is the owner.
'Better Days,' a pop-up cocktail bar in Brickell.
How to find it: First floor of 500 Brickell building (75 SE 6th St., Suite 103, Miami); betterdaysmiami.com or 786-220-7690.
- J. Wakefield Brewery releases special Basel-inspired brews
- Buy a beer for a hometown hero at BJ's Brewhouse
- A lavish happy hour spot for Beach goers
- NaiYaRa could just be Miami's perfect post-work getaway
- Jack Daniels brings pop up to Wynwood this month
- Craft Social Club introduces craft bottle service and mixology on tap to Miami
- Pembroke Pines has a new drinking den
- Miracle Mile gets its first speakeasy-style cocktail den
- KLIMA wants to be Miami Beach's most authentic Spanish restaurant
- LILT Lounge is much more than a hotel bar