Mary Brickell Village is about to get more delicious
Mary Brickell Village is about to get more delicious - two new projects have recently been announced for the Brickell space...
- Kevin Aoki, son of Benihana founder Rock Aoki, is expanding Doraku with a second South Florida location of his popular SoBe sushi hotspot. The 80-seat restaurant will be the fifth Doraku nationwide (other locations include Lincoln Rd, Waikiki, Kuala Lumpur and Honolulu). Aoki is promising over 60 types of sake for the new location - here's hoping they continue the lunch & dinner happy hours!
- The Village steals a splash of Tuscany as Toscana Divino, an Italian retail & restaurant project, jumps ship from the Gables to Brickell. Scheduled to open in early 2012, the project was originally called "The Wine & Fashion Florence Cafe" and was planned for 220 Aragon Ave (across from Books & Books). Instead, Toscana Divino will take over 3,500 square feet in Mary Brickell Village with a restaurant & retail combo. Project leader Stefano Cavinato, who owns Piola restaurant, told the South Florida Business Journal that Mary Brickell Village's demographics, patio and blend of dining and retail were the reasons for the switch.
- Sushi Samba Coral Gables opens May 23
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates Memorial Day with extended happy hour & special menu
- Score a free burger at Smashburger
- Monday is Family Night at Restaurant Michael Schwartz
- Join chef Dale Talde (Brooklyn's TALDE) at Khong River House May 30
- Bite into Taste of the Gables 2013 June 6
- Kouzina adds Greek influence to the Design District
- RA Sushi hosts Nicky's Week fundraiser
- Eat well & do good May 18 at Temaris
- Support Boston victims at a Meat Market cocktail dinner