Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
The owners of Sardinia Enoteca in Miami Beach are expanding their rustic-Italian reach into the mainland.
Eight years after opening Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante in Miami Beach, partners Tony Gallo and chef Pietro Vardeu are taking their rustic-Italian show on the road: to Brickell and the Design District.
The restaurateurs are planning to open two new spots within a week of each other this fall.
Up first: Moyé, a restaurant that will feature wines and food of southern Italy's Puglia region (the birthplace of oh-so-hot-right-now burrata). Housed in Brickell at 80 SW Eighth St., Moye will boast an open kitchen and will be the first U.S. branch of the restaurant, which already has three locations in Italy.
After Moye, Campania will open in the Design District at 4029 N. Miami Ave., in the former Egg & Dart space. The restaurant will focus on the cuisine of southern Italy's Campania region, which includes Naples and the Amalfi Coast. Gallo and Vardeu have custom-ordered a wood-burning pizza oven from Italy that will be the eatery's centerpiece.
The decision to open Moye and Campania in Miami, Gallo says, came in part from customer feedback at Sardinia.
"For the past several summers at Sardinia, we have hosted a regional dinner series ... that offers diners a taste of our favorite dishes from different parts of Italy," he says. "Puglia and Campania have always been the most popular menus.
"Sardinia’s success has convinced us that Miamians love authentic, rustic Italian."
80 SW Eighth St., Miami
4029 N. Miami Ave., Miami
1801 Purdy Ave., Miami Beach
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach