Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
The owners of Sardinia Enoteca in Miami Beach are expanding their rustic-Italian reach into the mainland.
Eight years after opening Sardinia Enoteca Ristorante in Miami Beach, partners Tony Gallo and chef Pietro Vardeu are taking their rustic-Italian show on the road: to Brickell and the Design District.
The restaurateurs are planning to open two new spots within a week of each other this fall.
Up first: Moyé, a restaurant that will feature wines and food of southern Italy's Puglia region (the birthplace of oh-so-hot-right-now burrata). Housed in Brickell at 80 SW Eighth St., Moye will boast an open kitchen and will be the first U.S. branch of the restaurant, which already has three locations in Italy.
After Moye, Campania will open in the Design District at 4029 N. Miami Ave., in the former Egg & Dart space. The restaurant will focus on the cuisine of southern Italy's Campania region, which includes Naples and the Amalfi Coast. Gallo and Vardeu have custom-ordered a wood-burning pizza oven from Italy that will be the eatery's centerpiece.
The decision to open Moye and Campania in Miami, Gallo says, came in part from customer feedback at Sardinia.
"For the past several summers at Sardinia, we have hosted a regional dinner series ... that offers diners a taste of our favorite dishes from different parts of Italy," he says. "Puglia and Campania have always been the most popular menus.
"Sardinia’s success has convinced us that Miamians love authentic, rustic Italian."
80 SW Eighth St., Miami
4029 N. Miami Ave., Miami
1801 Purdy Ave., Miami Beach
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- The best spots in Miami to celebrate International Sushi Day
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday