Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
HopChef hits eight cites, with over 40 rising chefs competing for top honors & trip to finals
Partnering with SAVEUR Magazine and StarChefs, the third annual Brewery Ommegang HopChef beer and food pairing competition hits Miami on Monday, April 28 at The Biltmore. Representing our fair city in the competition which requires one dish showcasing their imaginative beer and food pairing skills:
David Hackett – The Biltmore Hotel
Alan Hughes – Embassy of Wellbeing and Debauchery
Jacob Anaya – OTC
Sean Brasel –Meat Market
Jeremy Goldberg – Route 9
Michell Sanchez – Latin House Burger & Taco
Jason Pringle – DB Bistro
Michael Meuse – Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center
Judging them will be Michael Schwartz, Prime 112 Head Chef Mike Sabin, Pubbelly Chef Jose Mendin, Master Cicerone Neil Witte, and StarChefs Managing Editor Will Blunt.
The HopChef winner from Miami will be invited to the Grand Finale to compete against winners Boston, Denver, San Francisco and Philadelphia at Ommegang's annual Belgium Comes to Cooperstown festival on Aug. 9, The 2014 Grand Prize winner will receive a spotlight position on the SAVEURTastemakers board, a spotlight in SAVEUR Magazine & StarChefs.com editorial, a showcase with Brewery Ommegang at the StarChefs.com International Chefs Congress and a showcase station with Brewery Ommegang at the SAVEUR Summer BBQ, both in New York.
Tickets are $75 and include samples of each chef’s signature dish and accompanying Ommegang beers as well as a commemorative Brewery Ommegang glass.
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more