Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
HopChef hits eight cites, with over 40 rising chefs competing for top honors & trip to finals
Partnering with SAVEUR Magazine and StarChefs, the third annual Brewery Ommegang HopChef beer and food pairing competition hits Miami on Monday, April 28 at The Biltmore. Representing our fair city in the competition which requires one dish showcasing their imaginative beer and food pairing skills:
David Hackett – The Biltmore Hotel
Alan Hughes – Embassy of Wellbeing and Debauchery
Jacob Anaya – OTC
Sean Brasel –Meat Market
Jeremy Goldberg – Route 9
Michell Sanchez – Latin House Burger & Taco
Jason Pringle – DB Bistro
Michael Meuse – Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center
Judging them will be Michael Schwartz, Prime 112 Head Chef Mike Sabin, Pubbelly Chef Jose Mendin, Master Cicerone Neil Witte, and StarChefs Managing Editor Will Blunt.
The HopChef winner from Miami will be invited to the Grand Finale to compete against winners Boston, Denver, San Francisco and Philadelphia at Ommegang's annual Belgium Comes to Cooperstown festival on Aug. 9, The 2014 Grand Prize winner will receive a spotlight position on the SAVEURTastemakers board, a spotlight in SAVEUR Magazine & StarChefs.com editorial, a showcase with Brewery Ommegang at the StarChefs.com International Chefs Congress and a showcase station with Brewery Ommegang at the SAVEUR Summer BBQ, both in New York.
Tickets are $75 and include samples of each chef’s signature dish and accompanying Ommegang beers as well as a commemorative Brewery Ommegang glass.
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run