Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
Talking and drinking beer with Miami's craft players.
Beer: Brooklyn Summer Ale
Style: English-style pale ale
Alcohol: 5 percent by volume
Price: $9 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Publix
Editor's note: This week marks the debut of Miami.com and the Miami Herald's new web video series, Brew in Miami, which explores the region's growing craft beer scene. The premiere episode features Luis Brignoni, founder of Wynwood Brewing Co., and Jacob Anaya, executive chef at OTC in Brickell. And it highlights this week's craft beer pick: Brooklyn Summer Ale. Click here to watch the video. Cheers!
Story: Brooklyn Brewery’s Summer Ale is a really refreshing, light-on-the-palate beer that is available seasonally through July. It’s brewed in the English style, with more of a pronounced malt presence than some of the more hopped-up American pale ales. An assortment of American- and German-grown hops give Summer Ale a slightly bitter, lemony finish.
Pairing: Summer Ale’s bright, lemon-zesty notes work in tandem with the clean, buttery flavors of tuna poke at OTC, 1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Eat, drink and smoke at MC Kitchen's beer dinner with Dogfish Head, Alec Bradley
- Craft Beer of the Week: 5 Lizard, a Latin-style witbier
- Contest: Win free tickets to Brooklyn Brewery event Tuesday in Miami
- South Florida's breweries, restaurants partner on collaboration beers
- Brew in Miami: Gravity Brewlab cooks up creative beers
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Craft Beers to Taste at Grovetoberfest
- Brew in Miami: Beer doughnuts and coffee beer at Rhino in Fort Lauderdale
- Wynwood Brewing wins gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival