Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
Talking and drinking beer with Miami's craft players.
Beer: Brooklyn Summer Ale
Style: English-style pale ale
Alcohol: 5 percent by volume
Price: $9 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Publix
Editor's note: This week marks the debut of Miami.com and the Miami Herald's new web video series, Brew in Miami, which explores the region's growing craft beer scene. The premiere episode features Luis Brignoni, founder of Wynwood Brewing Co., and Jacob Anaya, executive chef at OTC in Brickell. And it highlights this week's craft beer pick: Brooklyn Summer Ale. Click here to watch the video. Cheers!
Story: Brooklyn Brewery’s Summer Ale is a really refreshing, light-on-the-palate beer that is available seasonally through July. It’s brewed in the English style, with more of a pronounced malt presence than some of the more hopped-up American pale ales. An assortment of American- and German-grown hops give Summer Ale a slightly bitter, lemony finish.
Pairing: Summer Ale’s bright, lemon-zesty notes work in tandem with the clean, buttery flavors of tuna poke at OTC, 1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
- Brew in Miami: Riverside Market is a craft beer mecca in Fort Lauderdale
- World Cup of Beer: Best beers from top contenders
- Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
- Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
- Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout