Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
Talking and drinking beer with Miami's craft players.
Editor's note: This week marks the debut of Miami.com and the Miami Herald's new web video series, Brew in Miami, which explores the region's growing craft beer scene. The premiere episode features Luis Brignoni, founder of Wynwood Brewing Co., and Jacob Anaya, executive chef at OTC in Brickell. And it highlights this week's craft beer pick: Brooklyn Summer Ale. Click here to watch the video. Cheers!
Story: Brooklyn Brewery’s Summer Ale is a really refreshing, light-on-the-palate beer that is available seasonally through July. It’s brewed in the English style, with more of a pronounced malt presence than some of the more hopped-up American pale ales. An assortment of American- and German-grown hops give Summer Ale a slightly bitter, lemony finish.
Pairing: Summer Ale’s bright, lemon-zesty notes work in tandem with the clean, buttery flavors of tuna poke at OTC, 1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
Beer: Brooklyn Summer Ale
Style: English-style pale ale
Alcohol: 5 percent by volume
Price: $9 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Publix
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer
- Concrete Beach Brewery will brew aboard Carnival Cruise Line in May
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016