Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
Talking and drinking beer with Miami's craft players.
Beer: Brooklyn Summer Ale
Style: English-style pale ale
Alcohol: 5 percent by volume
Price: $9 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Publix
Editor's note: This week marks the debut of Miami.com and the Miami Herald's new web video series, Brew in Miami, which explores the region's growing craft beer scene. The premiere episode features Luis Brignoni, founder of Wynwood Brewing Co., and Jacob Anaya, executive chef at OTC in Brickell. And it highlights this week's craft beer pick: Brooklyn Summer Ale. Click here to watch the video. Cheers!
Story: Brooklyn Brewery’s Summer Ale is a really refreshing, light-on-the-palate beer that is available seasonally through July. It’s brewed in the English style, with more of a pronounced malt presence than some of the more hopped-up American pale ales. An assortment of American- and German-grown hops give Summer Ale a slightly bitter, lemony finish.
Pairing: Summer Ale’s bright, lemon-zesty notes work in tandem with the clean, buttery flavors of tuna poke at OTC, 1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries