Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
MIami Brewing Co.'s Peter Schnebly and Total Wine's Ed Roberts talk about fruit beers and Cicerones.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode of “Brew in Miami,” available above or by clicking here, features Peter Schnebly of Miami Brewing Co. and certified Cicerone Ed Roberts, the Florida beer manager for Total Wine & More.
Beer Story: South Miami-Dade’s Miami Brewing Co., which shares a home with Schnebly Winery, puts a very subtropical spin on Shark Bait, its refreshing wheat ale, by adding mango to the mix. The fruit aroma and flavor are prevalent, but this beer is not at all cloyingly sweet.
Pairing: Shark Bait amplifies the savory flavors and cools down the spice of Thai-style beef jerky at Khong River House, 1661 Meridian Ave. in Miami Beach.
Craft Beer of the Week
Miami Brewing Co. Shark Bait.
Style: Wheat ale with mango.
Alcohol: 5.3 percent by volume.
Price: $8.50 for a six-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine.
- 3 Olympic-worthy Wywnood beer events this week
- Beer is finally flowing at this Doral brewery
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer