Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
MIami Brewing Co.'s Peter Schnebly and Total Wine's Ed Roberts talk about fruit beers and Cicerones.
Craft Beer of the Week
Miami Brewing Co. Shark Bait.
Style: Wheat ale with mango.
Alcohol: 5.3 percent by volume.
Price: $8.50 for a six-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode of “Brew in Miami,” available above or by clicking here, features Peter Schnebly of Miami Brewing Co. and certified Cicerone Ed Roberts, the Florida beer manager for Total Wine & More.
Beer Story: South Miami-Dade’s Miami Brewing Co., which shares a home with Schnebly Winery, puts a very subtropical spin on Shark Bait, its refreshing wheat ale, by adding mango to the mix. The fruit aroma and flavor are prevalent, but this beer is not at all cloyingly sweet.
Pairing: Shark Bait amplifies the savory flavors and cools down the spice of Thai-style beef jerky at Khong River House, 1661 Meridian Ave. in Miami Beach.
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose