Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
MIami Brewing Co.'s Peter Schnebly and Total Wine's Ed Roberts talk about fruit beers and Cicerones.
Craft Beer of the Week
Miami Brewing Co. Shark Bait.
Style: Wheat ale with mango.
Alcohol: 5.3 percent by volume.
Price: $8.50 for a six-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode of “Brew in Miami,” available above or by clicking here, features Peter Schnebly of Miami Brewing Co. and certified Cicerone Ed Roberts, the Florida beer manager for Total Wine & More.
Beer Story: South Miami-Dade’s Miami Brewing Co., which shares a home with Schnebly Winery, puts a very subtropical spin on Shark Bait, its refreshing wheat ale, by adding mango to the mix. The fruit aroma and flavor are prevalent, but this beer is not at all cloyingly sweet.
Pairing: Shark Bait amplifies the savory flavors and cools down the spice of Thai-style beef jerky at Khong River House, 1661 Meridian Ave. in Miami Beach.
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Wynwood Brewing hosts Miami block party and preps for bottled beer release
- Craft Beer of the Week: Eraser IPA
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Concrete Beach Tropic of Passion
- Craft Beer of the Week: Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing