Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
MIami Brewing Co.'s Peter Schnebly and Total Wine's Ed Roberts talk about fruit beers and Cicerones.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode of “Brew in Miami,” available above or by clicking here, features Peter Schnebly of Miami Brewing Co. and certified Cicerone Ed Roberts, the Florida beer manager for Total Wine & More.
Beer Story: South Miami-Dade’s Miami Brewing Co., which shares a home with Schnebly Winery, puts a very subtropical spin on Shark Bait, its refreshing wheat ale, by adding mango to the mix. The fruit aroma and flavor are prevalent, but this beer is not at all cloyingly sweet.
Pairing: Shark Bait amplifies the savory flavors and cools down the spice of Thai-style beef jerky at Khong River House, 1661 Meridian Ave. in Miami Beach.
Craft Beer of the Week
Miami Brewing Co. Shark Bait.
Style: Wheat ale with mango.
Alcohol: 5.3 percent by volume.
Price: $8.50 for a six-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine.
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer
- Concrete Beach Brewery will brew aboard Carnival Cruise Line in May
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016
- BLT Prime, MIA Brewing team up for craft beer dinner in Doral
- Craft beers from Green Man Brewery in Asheville debut in Florida
- Riverside South lights up Hanukkah with beer
- Craft Beer of the Week: Megamix Pale Ale from MIA Brewing Co. in Doral
- Caja china meets Miami craft beer at Edge Steak & Bar's Oktoberfeast
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists