Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
Craft beer video features Dena Marino and Marcus Wade of MC Kitchen in Miami's Design District.
Beer of the Week
Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale
Style: American Brown ale
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $11 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode features Dena Marino, chef-owner of MC Kitchen in Miami's Design District, and her husband, Marcus Wade, who curates the restaurant's deep selection of Dogfish Head craft beers. In fact, MC Kitchen has the biggest Dogfish selection in Florida.
Beer Story: Delaware’s Dogfish Head markets its “off-centered ales,” and Indian Brown Ale is no exception. It’s an American brown ale with enough hoppiness to push the boundaries of an India pale ale and enough caramel malts to mimic a Scotch ale.
Pairing: Indian Brown can go with savory or sweet foods. It’s a killer with the warm chocolate budino and banana-marsala sauce at MC Kitchen, 4141 NE 2nd Ave., Miami.
- Brew in Miami: Michael Schwartz's Home Brew turns 2
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?
- Brew in Miami: The secret behind one-off beers
- Brew in Miami: How to make a Tommy Pickles beer cocktail
- Brew in Miami: 360 beers and a 'Gal' beer blogger
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer