Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
Craft beer video features Dena Marino and Marcus Wade of MC Kitchen in Miami's Design District.
Beer of the Week
Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale
Style: American Brown ale
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $11 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode features Dena Marino, chef-owner of MC Kitchen in Miami's Design District, and her husband, Marcus Wade, who curates the restaurant's deep selection of Dogfish Head craft beers. In fact, MC Kitchen has the biggest Dogfish selection in Florida.
Beer Story: Delaware’s Dogfish Head markets its “off-centered ales,” and Indian Brown Ale is no exception. It’s an American brown ale with enough hoppiness to push the boundaries of an India pale ale and enough caramel malts to mimic a Scotch ale.
Pairing: Indian Brown can go with savory or sweet foods. It’s a killer with the warm chocolate budino and banana-marsala sauce at MC Kitchen, 4141 NE 2nd Ave., Miami.
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers
- Italian beer happy hour at Bocce Bar
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Eat, drink and smoke at MC Kitchen's beer dinner with Dogfish Head, Alec Bradley
- Craft Beer of the Week: 5 Lizard, a Latin-style witbier
- Contest: Win free tickets to Brooklyn Brewery event Tuesday in Miami
- South Florida's breweries, restaurants partner on collaboration beers
- Brew in Miami: Gravity Brewlab cooks up creative beers
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami