Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
Accomplished homebrewer Johnathan Wakefield is about to release his tart, sour Florida weisse beers to Miami.
Brew in Miami: This week's episode of Brew in Miami takes a look inside the new J Wakefield Brewing at 120 NW 24th St. in Wynwood. Founder and brewer Johnathan Wakefield talks with us about the process behind his Florida Weisse style of beers as well as his other plans for the brewery, set to open later this month or early August. Also in the studio: Brett Hubbard, craft beer manager for Gold Coast Beverage, which will distribute Wakefield's beers.
Beer Story: We sampled some of J Wakefield's Can You Eat a Peach for Days? (the name's a riff on a line from Face/Off), a hazy, sour wheat beer fermented with Georgia peaches. The tartness is delightfully mouth-puckering, and the fruit gives the beer a sweet aroma and flavor to slightly tame the sour.
Pairing: I like the idea of putting Can You Eat a Peach up against some heat. Try pairing this one with a WKB Hamburguesita, a blend of chorizo and chicken with pickled jalapenos and a spicy pepper glaze, from J Wakefield's neighbor, Wynwood Kitchen and Bar, 2550 NW Second Ave.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Eraser IPA
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Concrete Beach Tropic of Passion
- Craft Beer of the Week: Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale