Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
Accomplished homebrewer Johnathan Wakefield is about to release his tart, sour Florida weisse beers to Miami.
Brew in Miami: This week's episode of Brew in Miami takes a look inside the new J Wakefield Brewing at 120 NW 24th St. in Wynwood. Founder and brewer Johnathan Wakefield talks with us about the process behind his Florida Weisse style of beers as well as his other plans for the brewery, set to open later this month or early August. Also in the studio: Brett Hubbard, craft beer manager for Gold Coast Beverage, which will distribute Wakefield's beers.
Beer Story: We sampled some of J Wakefield's Can You Eat a Peach for Days? (the name's a riff on a line from Face/Off), a hazy, sour wheat beer fermented with Georgia peaches. The tartness is delightfully mouth-puckering, and the fruit gives the beer a sweet aroma and flavor to slightly tame the sour.
Pairing: I like the idea of putting Can You Eat a Peach up against some heat. Try pairing this one with a WKB Hamburguesita, a blend of chorizo and chicken with pickled jalapenos and a spicy pepper glaze, from J Wakefield's neighbor, Wynwood Kitchen and Bar, 2550 NW Second Ave.
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
- Brew in Miami: Riverside Market is a craft beer mecca in Fort Lauderdale
- World Cup of Beer: Best beers from top contenders
- Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
- Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
- Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
- Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout