Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
Tony Albelo of Grovetoberfest and Sprung talks about his upcoming fest on Oct. 18.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode features Tony Albelo, founder and organizer of Miami beer festivals Grovetoberfest (coming up Oct. 18) and Sprung. We also talk with Jen Miller, formerly of craft beer wholesaler Brown Distributing. (Miller now works for Atlanta's SweetWater Brewing Co.)
Beer Story: Our beer of the week is Arrogant Bastard Ale. This aggressively hoppy and malty beer from California’s Stone Brewing Co. lives up to its name. The brewery first released this American strong ale in 1997, long before bitter IPAs hit the mainstream. Expect big caramel undertones and a citrus-rind finish
Pairing: Arrogant Bastard Ale is one of those beers that can go with either sweet or savory foods. I like it with a good flan, like the firm block of caramel-sopped goodness at Havana Harry’s, 9525 North Kendall Dr.
Craft Beer of the Week
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale.
Style: American strong ale.
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume.
Price: $6 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine.
- 3 Olympic-worthy Wywnood beer events this week
- Beer is finally flowing at this Doral brewery
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer