Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
Tony Albelo of Grovetoberfest and Sprung talks about his upcoming fest on Oct. 18.
Craft Beer of the Week
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale.
Style: American strong ale.
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume.
Price: $6 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode features Tony Albelo, founder and organizer of Miami beer festivals Grovetoberfest (coming up Oct. 18) and Sprung. We also talk with Jen Miller, formerly of craft beer wholesaler Brown Distributing. (Miller now works for Atlanta's SweetWater Brewing Co.)
Beer Story: Our beer of the week is Arrogant Bastard Ale. This aggressively hoppy and malty beer from California’s Stone Brewing Co. lives up to its name. The brewery first released this American strong ale in 1997, long before bitter IPAs hit the mainstream. Expect big caramel undertones and a citrus-rind finish
Pairing: Arrogant Bastard Ale is one of those beers that can go with either sweet or savory foods. I like it with a good flan, like the firm block of caramel-sopped goodness at Havana Harry’s, 9525 North Kendall Dr.
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose