Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
Tony Albelo of Grovetoberfest and Sprung talks about his upcoming fest on Oct. 18.
Craft Beer of the Week
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale.
Style: American strong ale.
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume.
Price: $6 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode features Tony Albelo, founder and organizer of Miami beer festivals Grovetoberfest (coming up Oct. 18) and Sprung. We also talk with Jen Miller, formerly of craft beer wholesaler Brown Distributing. (Miller now works for Atlanta's SweetWater Brewing Co.)
Beer Story: Our beer of the week is Arrogant Bastard Ale. This aggressively hoppy and malty beer from California’s Stone Brewing Co. lives up to its name. The brewery first released this American strong ale in 1997, long before bitter IPAs hit the mainstream. Expect big caramel undertones and a citrus-rind finish
Pairing: Arrogant Bastard Ale is one of those beers that can go with either sweet or savory foods. I like it with a good flan, like the firm block of caramel-sopped goodness at Havana Harry’s, 9525 North Kendall Dr.
- What's the Best? 5 Craft Beers to Taste at Grovetoberfest
- Brew in Miami: Beer doughnuts and coffee beer at Rhino in Fort Lauderdale
- Wynwood Brewing wins gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival
- Brew in Miami: Daddy Brews is Miami's hidden-gem homebrew shop
- Sail with Funky Buddha Brewery on a craft brew cruise in March
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Beer here: Boulevard Brewing expands distribution to Florida
- Brew in Miami: Michael Schwartz's Home Brew turns 2
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?
- Brew in Miami: The secret behind one-off beers