Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
We take an inside look at the new Bistro BE in Brickell and go in depth on Saison Dupont.
Brew in Miami: This week’s episode features Philippe Walschaerts, general manager of the new Bistro BE at 1111 SW First Ave. in Miami's Brickell district. Bistro BE (BE is the country code for Belgium) is all about Belgian food and Belgian beer, including pairings that go way beyond mussels, frites and pilsners.
Beer Story: Our craft beer of the week is Belgium’s Saison Dupont, a gorgeously straw-color, hazy brew that has an earthy, spicy top note brought forward by highly active carbonation. A slightly fruity, bitter finish rounds out this complex and endlessly enjoyable ale.
Pairing: Belgian beer begs to be paired with Belgian food. Try Saison Dupont with market-fresh vegetable stew at Bistro BE. The beer serves as a perfect foil for the rich, hearty stew.
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer
- Concrete Beach Brewery will brew aboard Carnival Cruise Line in May
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016
- BLT Prime, MIA Brewing team up for craft beer dinner in Doral
- Craft beers from Green Man Brewery in Asheville debut in Florida
- Riverside South lights up Hanukkah with beer
- Craft Beer of the Week: Megamix Pale Ale from MIA Brewing Co. in Doral
- Caja china meets Miami craft beer at Edge Steak & Bar's Oktoberfeast
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists