Brew in Miami: 360 beers and a 'Gal' beer blogger
Liz Hecht aka Crafty Cable Gal demos a 'hard pour' of Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.
Craft Beer of the Week
Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
Style: Milk Stout
Alcohol: 6 percent by volume
Price: $11 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Total Wine.
Beer Story: Pour hard. That’s the instruction that comes with Milk Stout Nitro bottles from Colorado’s Left Hand Brewing Co. Bottled with nitrogen gas, the dark-brown brew can withstand a straight-on pour into a glass, as opposed to an angled tilt best employed with other bottled beers. The result will be a lovely cascading head that looks like a properly poured pint of Guinness. Watch Hecht demonstrate a hard pour in this week's Brew in Miami.
Pairing: Milk Stout is brewed with lactose sugar, which gives it a slightly creamy, sweet edge. It’s easy to pair with chocolate desserts, but the stout’s heavy roast notes make it a prime candidate for grilled meats, too. Try it with the top-sirloin picanha steak at Beer 360, 18090 Collins Ave., in Sunny Isles Beach.
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Eat, drink and smoke at MC Kitchen's beer dinner with Dogfish Head, Alec Bradley
- Craft Beer of the Week: 5 Lizard, a Latin-style witbier
- Contest: Win free tickets to Brooklyn Brewery event Tuesday in Miami
- South Florida's breweries, restaurants partner on collaboration beers
- Brew in Miami: Gravity Brewlab cooks up creative beers
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Craft Beers to Taste at Grovetoberfest
- Brew in Miami: Beer doughnuts and coffee beer at Rhino in Fort Lauderdale
- Wynwood Brewing wins gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival