Brew in Miami: 360 beers and a 'Gal' beer blogger
Liz Hecht aka Crafty Cable Gal demos a 'hard pour' of Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.
Craft Beer of the Week
Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
Style: Milk Stout
Alcohol: 6 percent by volume
Price: $11 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Total Wine.
Beer Story: Pour hard. That’s the instruction that comes with Milk Stout Nitro bottles from Colorado’s Left Hand Brewing Co. Bottled with nitrogen gas, the dark-brown brew can withstand a straight-on pour into a glass, as opposed to an angled tilt best employed with other bottled beers. The result will be a lovely cascading head that looks like a properly poured pint of Guinness. Watch Hecht demonstrate a hard pour in this week's Brew in Miami.
Pairing: Milk Stout is brewed with lactose sugar, which gives it a slightly creamy, sweet edge. It’s easy to pair with chocolate desserts, but the stout’s heavy roast notes make it a prime candidate for grilled meats, too. Try it with the top-sirloin picanha steak at Beer 360, 18090 Collins Ave., in Sunny Isles Beach.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers