Brew in Miami: 360 beers and a 'Gal' beer blogger
Liz Hecht aka Crafty Cable Gal demos a 'hard pour' of Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.
Craft Beer of the Week
Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
Style: Milk Stout
Alcohol: 6 percent by volume
Price: $11 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Total Wine.
Beer Story: Pour hard. That’s the instruction that comes with Milk Stout Nitro bottles from Colorado’s Left Hand Brewing Co. Bottled with nitrogen gas, the dark-brown brew can withstand a straight-on pour into a glass, as opposed to an angled tilt best employed with other bottled beers. The result will be a lovely cascading head that looks like a properly poured pint of Guinness. Watch Hecht demonstrate a hard pour in this week's Brew in Miami.
Pairing: Milk Stout is brewed with lactose sugar, which gives it a slightly creamy, sweet edge. It’s easy to pair with chocolate desserts, but the stout’s heavy roast notes make it a prime candidate for grilled meats, too. Try it with the top-sirloin picanha steak at Beer 360, 18090 Collins Ave., in Sunny Isles Beach.
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016
- BLT Prime, MIA Brewing team up for craft beer dinner in Doral
- Craft beers from Green Man Brewery in Asheville debut in Florida
- Riverside South lights up Hanukkah with beer
- Craft Beer of the Week: Megamix Pale Ale from MIA Brewing Co. in Doral
- Caja china meets Miami craft beer at Edge Steak & Bar's Oktoberfeast
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Wynwood Brewing hosts Miami block party and preps for bottled beer release