Bravo's new Gallery Girls has two girls from South Florida
Trying to make it in NYC
Bravo paints a new picture with the launch of its latest docu-series “Gallery Girls,” premiering Monday, August 13 at 10 pm.
The show follows the lives of seven dynamic and cutthroat young women in New York City who tackle the often scary ambitious environment of the art world while vying for their dream jobs.
From gallery openings and art shows to the hottest events in the city, the women share a passion for art but are divided between their Manhattan and Brooklyn lifestyles with vastly different views and tastes towards fashion, art and men. Attempting to juggle a chic and fabulous standard of living, the ladies tackle financial struggles, family issues and the pressures of jumpstarting their lives in the city that never sleeps.
The cast includes two locals: Liz Margulies. Her bio states she was born into the art world as the daughter of a world-renowned art collector. Originally from Miami, she moved to Manhattan to study graphic design at the School of Visual Arts and to build a career for herself without the connections of her father. Her path to success has been far from smooth: she struggled with drug addiction and didn’t graduate from high school. Her tell-it-like-it-is attitude and drive to succeed helped her overcome these obstacles. The question now is, can she juggle a full course load and a demanding internship? Highly motivated, Liz struggles to find balance with hard work and happiness, but grapples with a desire to earn her father’s respect.
Amy Poliakoff (pictured): Originally from Coral Gables, Florida, Amy Poliakoff studied Communications and Art History at the University of Miami and currently lives in Manhattan. With vast gallery experience under her belt already, Amy has held positions with the Wolfsonian Museum, the David Zwirner Gallery, the Paul Kasmin Gallery and the Leila Heller Gallery. Always making her presence known, Amy is involved in multiple New York based organizations and enjoys partying and living it up in the city.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how