Bravo stars out in full force for birthday party
Celebrating at new restaurant
Andy Cohen, where were you? The scene Saturday night at the newly opened 1826 Restaurant & Lounge in Miami Beach looked as if it had been concocted by the Bravo chieftain himself. Dozens of the cable network’s reality stars came together to celebrate RHOM’s Marysol Patton’s belated birthday (the PR pro turned officially 40-something in January). At the downstairs bar, casts from the various shows mixed and mingled, drinking champagne, vodka gimlets and strawberry puree cocktails. Sleek Swede Fredrik Eklund (Million Dollar Listing, NY; season 3 premieres April 2) showed off his new husband, handsome Zimbabwean-born artist Derek Kaplan.
Newly single LuAnn de Lesseps (RHONY) had an idea for a reality show: matchmaking “women of a certain age.” “It’s so hard to meet men in New York,” lamanted de Lesseps, in a white cut-out dress. “You want to find someone professional who goes to work every day, wears a suit, has a great personality and knows how to treat a woman. Where are they!?”
Maybe try leaving NYC: Because RHONJ couple Kathy and Rich Wakile looked pretty happy together, along with daughter Victoria (pictured). Also in the glittery crowd: BFFs Reza Farahan and Mercedes “MJ” Javid (Shahs of Sunset). “It’s nice to see so many Bravolebrities in the same room,” de Lesseps later said in a toast.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street