Brad Kilgore and wife Soraya have left Exit 1 and Route 9
After two short months, the Kilgores have exited the buildings
After just two short months, chef Brad Kilgore and his pastry chef wife Soraya have ended their run at Exit 1 and Route 9 restaurants. Kilgore announced it last night on Twitter and tells us, "My wife and I decided this was not the right fit for us. We wish the best for the Goldbergs and their future endeavors." We contacted owner Jeremy Goldberg, who said he preferred not to comment on the situation.
Update: The Kilgores will be guest cheffing at TIKL Raw Bar Grill on Wednesday, January 23 for a 9-course tasting with wine pairing. The dinner is limited to 15 seats at $110 per person plus tax and tip. Call 305-372-0620 for reservations.
They will also be participating in The Chowfather curated Odd Couple White Collar dinner at 7 p.m. February 6 at Daniel Serfer's Blue Collar. The 11, yes 11-course dinner is $100. Both Brad & Serfer are each doing five courses using the same protein--stone crab, duck, shrimp, lamb and rabbit. Call Blue Collar for reservations at 305-756-0366.
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami