Brad Kilgore and wife Soraya have left Exit 1 and Route 9
After two short months, the Kilgores have exited the buildings
After just two short months, chef Brad Kilgore and his pastry chef wife Soraya have ended their run at Exit 1 and Route 9 restaurants. Kilgore announced it last night on Twitter and tells us, "My wife and I decided this was not the right fit for us. We wish the best for the Goldbergs and their future endeavors." We contacted owner Jeremy Goldberg, who said he preferred not to comment on the situation.
Update: The Kilgores will be guest cheffing at TIKL Raw Bar Grill on Wednesday, January 23 for a 9-course tasting with wine pairing. The dinner is limited to 15 seats at $110 per person plus tax and tip. Call 305-372-0620 for reservations.
They will also be participating in The Chowfather curated Odd Couple White Collar dinner at 7 p.m. February 6 at Daniel Serfer's Blue Collar. The 11, yes 11-course dinner is $100. Both Brad & Serfer are each doing five courses using the same protein--stone crab, duck, shrimp, lamb and rabbit. Call Blue Collar for reservations at 305-756-0366.
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami