Boutique of the Week: W The Store
Oh snap, you forgot your coveted jeans back home. No sweat. W The Store is chockfull of jeans, dresses, handbags and accessories galore.
The lowdown: Oh snap, you forgot your coveted jeans back home. What’s a gal or guy to do? Shimmy on over to the W South Beach where W The Store is chockfull of jeans, dresses, handbags and accessories galore. “W The Store is a trendsetting collection of retail boutiques located in W Hotel properties around the world — it’s a complete reinvention of the traditional hotel gift shop,” owner Stephen Werther says.
The ‘hood: Located on the lobby level of The W South Beach, neighboring properties include the Gansevoort and Setai. Situated on 22nd Street and Collins Avenue, W The Store is smack-dab in the middle of Miami Beach.
The ambience: Sharp and sexy. Mirrored panels, white-tile floors, grey marble walls and bright spotlights seep a polished vibe. “W The Store is designed with sleek continuity in mind, continuing the style and sophistication for which W Hotels is known,” Werther says. Free–standing, L-shaped counters showcase the store’s unique merchandise of dazzling earrings and ornate clutches. Intricate necklaces grace the countertops while limited-edition apparel and vibrant bags hang from pegged walls.
Highlights: “We offer a special selection of hard-to-find, trend-setting items for men and women — apparel, jewelry, fashion accessories, handbags, shoes, beauty products, home and design items and other stylish gifts,” Werther says. Brands such as La ROK, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Jay Lane, Foley + Corinna, Hudson, Madison Marcus, Rebecca Minkoff and more are in store. Best sellers include Deepa Gurnani beaded caftans ($274), Wink amber jumpsuits ($396), Pleasure Doing Business banded skirts ($132) or Jennifer Zeuner initial necklaces ($245).
The owner says: “We’ve become an authority for what’s hot in fashion, carrying a variety of young, new designers including DANNIJO and Amanda Uprichard as well as world-renowned designers such as Diane Von Furstenberg and Jonathan Adler,” Werther adds.
W The Store at W South Beach
2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District