Boutique of the week: Vixon
Keep yourself looking sexy with pieces from this cheap chic spot.
By Annie Vazquez
The lowdown: Vixon, which means sexy beast in the urban dictionary, is the new sister store to Danny Sanchez and Roger Israel’s cheap and chic boutiques, Kore and Addict.
The 'hood: Right off Biscayne Boulevard near Johnson and Wales University, the North Miami shop is tucked away inside the tiny 124 Biscayne Plaza. If you blink you’ll miss it. Parking is available in the plaza’s lot.
The vibe: Colorful and fun with gray and avocado green walls set against bright yellow shelves, Vixon personifies urban chic decor. An antique leather chaise lounge chair adds glamour while black curtains filled with spunky swirling images of birds and flowers adds an extra touch to the vivacious atmosphere.
Highlights: Everything is under $110. On the racks are long and short frocks, tunics and tops, yoga pants, jeans, rompers and jumpsuits. Vixon manager Katya Tsvetkova says brands like Lush, Ya, Ark+Co, Mai Tai, Rubber Ducky and Tea are best sellers. “We’re also famous for our skinny jeans,” she adds. “They fit just like leggings.”
The owner says: “Vixon is a new addition to our family. This location has an interesting twist with trendy inexpensive merchandise,” says Danny Sanchez.
Customers say: “You don’t have to break your piggy bank to stay trendy here. This boutique comes equipped with everything you need to look sexy, stylish or chic,” says customer Marielena Cruz.
Vixon, 12404 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami; 305-895-0041. Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District