Boutique of the week: Tory Burch
The colorful spot is an oasis for fans of the socialite's designs.
By Elizabeth Stewart
The lowdown: Known for her glowing Bohemian-chic designs, Tory Burch combined her socialite status and style sense to create her own collection in 2004, and has been outfitting fashion savvy women ever since.
The hood: Tory Burch is set in the swanky, tree-lined shopping oasis of Bal Harbour Shops, on the second floor near Saks Fifth Avenue. Parking is available in lots and in a garage. Note: Watch your speed in Bal Harbour unless you want a ticket.
The vibe: Just like Burch’s fashions, the store is both colorful and comfortable. With three distinct sections ' shoes, clothes and accessories ' the space is almost reminiscent of a hip gallery, only here you’re encouraged to touch the art.
Highlights: Look forward to vibrant tunics and summer dresses, gold cuffs and signature logo clutches priced from $45 to $995.
When you walk in, walls are adorned with Tory’s glamorous handbags and footwear, ranging from gladiator pumps to signature flip-flops. The middle of the store houses racks of clothing ' embroidered Tory tunics to sport over artistically printed swimsuits or Bermuda shorts, suede jackets, quirky-printed blouses and woven tops. Head to the back of the store to sift through the large assortment of accessories including beaded belts, fuchsia wallets, totes and signature Tory Burch candles.
A lot is packed into a relatively small space: If you get overwhelmed, look for the boutique’s sitting area.
From the shop: ‘‘This store is for anybody who is eclectic and trendy at the same time,’’ says store general manager Natacha Lamour. ‘‘With such a broad range of styles, three generations of women can all easily find something here.’’
Customers say: ‘‘I come here because Tory Burch is the best when it comes to finding a cute summer outfit,’’ says shopper Susan Mendez. ‘‘All of her pieces are fun and fresh - my favorite are the flip-flops.’’
Tory Burch at Bal Harbour Shops, 9700 Collins Avenue, Bal Harbour, 305.867.7469. Hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays.
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood