Boutique of the Week: The Consignment Bar
Gaga for Gucci? Loco for Coco? Of course you are. Hit recently opened Consignment Bar to get your high-fashion fix.
The lowdown: Love fancy schmancy brands but not their price tags? With The Consignment Bar, you can get your fix without breaking the bank. The boutique boasts best-of-the-best bags, shoes, clothing and accessories by chichi labels such as Hermès, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Louboutin, Valentino, YSL, Prada, Burberry and more. Owners and BFFs Ilissa Whitehead and CC Levin describe the shop as a “labor of love” and it shows — the store is drop-dead gorgeous and so are its premiere designer goods. While slipping on a Chanel blazer for sale, Whitehead coos, “Every single item is spectacular! See?”
The ‘hood: Situated on Biscayne Boulevard and NE 74th Street, The Consignment Bar makes The Upper Eastside a retail tour de force. Adjacent shops include Julian Chang and Mr. B Custom Tailor. “Both of us reside nearby and genuinely believe in this area and share a desire to support our neighborhood,” Whitehead says.
The ambience: “We wanted to create a high-end consignment store that felt like a high-end boutique,” Whitehead adds. A crystal chandelier, cowhide rug, black velvet couch and Venetian mirror create a vintage mod feel. Shoes are merchandised in individual display cases and guests can order up a glass of bubbly or an Hermès Birkin bag at the customized 40-foot bar. Out back, there’s a 4,000 square foot garden ideal for hosting snazzy soirees.
The highlights: Dip into a Dior ring ($65), Chanel blazer ($1,750) or Christian Louboutin heels ($275). If you’re in the mood for some Spring cleaning, you can always drop off your high-end items at the shop (no appointment necessary). The boutique offers a 50/50 split on all items except for Chanel and Hermès, for which they pay 60 percent. Haute stuff!
The owner says: “The most unique part of our business is the fact that customers finally have a place where the best pieces are showcased in one location,” Whitehead says.
The Consignment Bar
7418 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood