Boutique of the Week: The Closet Boutique
Being trapped in this closet is a good thing. We promise.
The lowdown: Now here’s a closet any recessionista would love to raid — The Closet Boutique. Newly opened on Bird Road, the women’s clothing and accessories shop prides itself on bringing Los Angeles and New York fashions to the 305. Owner Loretta Armada says, “Shoppers can essentially pick up the perfect gift or an entire weekend outfit for less than $100.”
The ‘hood: What was once known as Miami’s Antique District (Bird Road’s blocks between S.W. 57th and 67th Avenues) is now a fashionista’s fantasy. The Closet Boutique’s neighbors include stylish shops such as Miami Twice and Cheap n Chic. “We are a proud member of the fashion rebirth that’s recently taken place on Bird Road,” Armada says.
The ambience: Like its assortment, The Closet Boutique is all things eclectic and cool. Metallic silver and purple-painted walls covered in colorful original art pieces, flowy drapery, oversized red rug, teal bookcase, crystal chandelier and hand-painted table coated in rhinestones create a quirky vibe. “The shop definitely screams fashion and art,” Armada adds.
Highlights: Dig up Aily V. shoes ($80), Scentsational Soy Candles ($15), Gold Saturn tank tops ($40), leggings ($10), leather clutches ($25) and wood bracelets ($12) without breaking the bank. Armada says, “Customers can expect to shop the latest looks in maxi dresses, trendy tops, chic pants and cute tanks for a fraction of department store prices.”
The owner says: Armada says, “Providing my customers with super trendy, but accessible fashion is important to me. I buy with the latest trends from the runway in mind and interpret them to fit fashions that any South Florida woman can feel confident wearing.”
Customers say: “From the industrial yet cozy décor to the incredible clothing selection, you literally cannot leave The Closet Boutique without knowing you have something special and affordable in your ribbon-tied shopping bag. Buyer’s remorse no more!” says client Abbi Johnson.
The Closet Boutique
6354 Bird Road, South Miami
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District