Boutique of the week: TAJ by Sabrina
Summer's around the corner, time to break out the flowy cotton goodness.
By Maria Arguello
Some locales, like St. Tropez, Mallorca and Ibiza, are known for being summer destinations, others, such as Miami, St. Barths and Cabo are known for their endless summers. But what they all have in common are beautiful beaches, all-night-long parties, chic attitude, international entourages and steaming hot style. And many of those jet-setters are spending their days - and nights -- in colorful, bright dresses designed by Miami's own Sabrina Crippa.
Crippa is an Italian transplant and the owner of TAJ by Sabrina, a boutique on South Beach that carries the owner's signature line (which is also carried by boutiques in hotels such as the Ritz-Carlton and Harvey Nichols) as well other high-end, super-feminine lines like Milly, Tibi and Aspara. Racks are stocked with everything from white, gauzy cotton dresses and cover-ups to glitzy multicolored tops. Some of the shop's most popular dresses have intricately detailed beading, bold graphics and lacy kimono-esque sleeves. What doesn't vary is the day-to-night, quietly glamorous feel of the shop and everything in it.
A staple on Ocean Drive for eight years, the boutique has a strong international following, as TAJ by Sabrina is known for evoking the refreshingly light sensibility of a sophisticated summer. These are the clothes summer loves are made of.
TAJ by Sabrina, 760 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach; 305-761-6883
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood