Boutique of the week: So-Mi
You so have to check out So-Mi.
By Maria Tettamanti
Best friends Miriam Greemberg and Sofia Mishaan love a good shopping spree. But to their designer-desiring dismay, the 23-year-old besties could never quite find everything they wanted in just a single stop. Enter So-Mi boutique. "We decided to open a boutique with all the labels we love under one roof - it's always been our dream," says Greemberg. "Every piece here is special."
Adorable dresses by Tibi, Milly, Tricia Fix and more fill the racks, while James Jeans, Frankie B. and Hudson denim are piled high. Treesje handbags, Sergio Zelcer heels, Love Quotes scarves, custom-made accessories and labels like Julie Haus, Ogle, Revolver and Yoana Baraschi are on hand. Lisa Curran swimwear and Cosabella lingerie line the snug shop.
"We want our customers to feel at home," Greemberg says of the warm ambiance. A pillow-packed couch and coffee table invites clients to kick back and unwind. Sweet snacks such as macaroons, Starbursts and bubblegum are up for grabs, just in time for those sneaky sugar cravings.
Cute clothes, one-of-a-kind finds and free treats? Uh, now that's so me.
So-Mi, 2775 NE 187th St, Ste #2, Aventura; 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Mon.-Sat., 2 p.m.-8 p.m. Sunday; 786-787-9087.
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood