Boutique of the week: Shoes to You
Just because you're strapped for cash doesn't mean you can't have those strappy sandals.
By Virginia Gil
Footwear fanatics on a budget will find it easier to channel their inner Carrie Bradshaw thanks to Shoes to You, Inc., a quirky shoe shop tucked away in the Bird Road arts district. Sandwiched between warehouses and furniture shops, the bright, pastel pink storefront is almost impossible to miss. Step inside and you'll find owner Kim Stone's whimsical world of shoes, not to mention authentic Indonesian coco trees, which serve as the centerpiece for circular couches, a giant red high-heel that adorns the wall and decorative pillows that bear witty shoe-inspired sayings.
Brands include favorites such as Linea Pelle, Michael Kors, Juicy Couture and Betsey Johnson - which happens to be one of Stone's favorites. Although, it's difficult to choose just one, she says. "I like them all!" She also likes Sam Edelman: "Besides being great people to work with, they're trendy and fit well," she says. Stone, whose predicting a retro renaissance, has stocked her store with Edelman's fringe foots for the upcoming season. One of the store's biggest sellers, she says, is by Jamie Kreitman - after becoming a Hollywood must-have. "There's a following for these shoes," she says. The designer flip-fops feature rhinestone and crystal embellished straps and come in a variety of colors.
A stickler for comfort, Stone is always on tap for shopping advice. "If I haven't worn the shoes, I'll ask around - I go by what people say." Follow her advice, or take a cue from one of the pillows: "If the shoe fits..."
Shoes To You, Inc, 4778 SW 72 Ave, Miami; 305-667-3711
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District