Boutique of the week: Shoes to You
Just because you're strapped for cash doesn't mean you can't have those strappy sandals.
By Virginia Gil
Footwear fanatics on a budget will find it easier to channel their inner Carrie Bradshaw thanks to Shoes to You, Inc., a quirky shoe shop tucked away in the Bird Road arts district. Sandwiched between warehouses and furniture shops, the bright, pastel pink storefront is almost impossible to miss. Step inside and you'll find owner Kim Stone's whimsical world of shoes, not to mention authentic Indonesian coco trees, which serve as the centerpiece for circular couches, a giant red high-heel that adorns the wall and decorative pillows that bear witty shoe-inspired sayings.
Brands include favorites such as Linea Pelle, Michael Kors, Juicy Couture and Betsey Johnson - which happens to be one of Stone's favorites. Although, it's difficult to choose just one, she says. "I like them all!" She also likes Sam Edelman: "Besides being great people to work with, they're trendy and fit well," she says. Stone, whose predicting a retro renaissance, has stocked her store with Edelman's fringe foots for the upcoming season. One of the store's biggest sellers, she says, is by Jamie Kreitman - after becoming a Hollywood must-have. "There's a following for these shoes," she says. The designer flip-fops feature rhinestone and crystal embellished straps and come in a variety of colors.
A stickler for comfort, Stone is always on tap for shopping advice. "If I haven't worn the shoes, I'll ask around - I go by what people say." Follow her advice, or take a cue from one of the pillows: "If the shoe fits..."
Shoes To You, Inc, 4778 SW 72 Ave, Miami; 305-667-3711
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District