Boutique of the week: Septimo
The accessory line thinks outside the jewelry box with a new shop that'll dress you from head to toe.
By Nikki Novo
Silvia Fassardi's Septimo label may stand for lucky number seven, but the recipient of this year's GenArt Fresh Faces award is creating her own luck, becoming one of Miami's most sought-after designers and, now, owner of a new South Miami boutique.
Located on Bird Road, in the center of a thriving shopping district, Septimo is selling much more than the brand's seven signature jewelry lines. That doesn't mean fans will be disappointed. Expect to find most of Fassardi's collection in its entirety in addition to a handpicked lineup of up-and-coming designers. The space is inviting, featuring burnt orange and chocolate brown accents surrounding organic décor.
"As a designer, I know how hard it is to get your line into stores," says Fassardi, "which is why I look to sell emerging designers." Finding something different is easy with the selection of almost-famous lines and their trademark pieces like dresses by Stella and Jamie, sultry tops by Nu Collective from L.A., flattering wide-leg pants by Dittos, ruffled tops by Lia Kes and shimmery blouses from Roxywear by Roxanne Heptner (not to be mistaken for surfer line Roxy). Ecoist's latest bag collection, raw silk belts with a Carrie-esque flower by local Caty Sacco and Catalina de la Torre jewelry are among the non-Septimo accessories.
Under the house brand are fashionable laptop bags, yellow leather wedges and orange leather wallets. Highlights from the line that started it all are the infinite reef choker that can also be used as a pendant or bracelet; the long, gold-plated Cornelia necklace; and one of her latest designs, the three-hoop earring tied with coral or turquoise stones.
Lucky for us.
Septimo, 6374 Bird Rd, South Miami; 305-740-8368
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District